Page 190 of 355 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    I have a feeling the folks in NDSU marketing are coming up with an awesome intro video to go on the new boards for the opener
    I hope so. The old one probably wasn't even in HD. Would imagine it's going to be a new and much improved version. As long as we keep Thunderstruck

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe the endzone boards are going to bigger than what is shown in this photo. I based this on how big the board frames looked when I was there last week. For example, the "Gate City Bank Field" sign was behind the frame about a third from the bottom.
    I can't say for certain, since it's been almost two months since I've been in the building...but the Gate City signs are on chain motors and are able to be raised up behind the previous scoreboards. Like during the offseason, they're usually tucked up out of sight

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    I can't say for certain, since it's been almost two months since I've been in the building...but the Gate City signs are on chain motors and are able to be raised up behind the previous scoreboards. Like during the offseason, they're usually tucked up out of sight
    That, I didn't know. The frames, however, were huge in my opinion.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    I'm sure we'll see a tremendous Scott Miller tribute on it as well. Boy, what a great home opener this is going to be!!
    I was thinking the same thing....Cant wait!

Just an FYI- I there has been a lot of verbiage saying that they will "replace" the corner video boards with HD boards, but the assumption was that they will either be the same size or smaller... The daktronics article tells us they will actually be BIGGER by quite a bit!
    The new corner board dimensions will be 20x22ft. A quick look at the fargodome page on gobison.com, the existing boards are exactly, or very close to 16x16 ft.

For those of you doing math at home....
    20x22= 440 sq ft
    16x16= 256 sq ft
    --------------
    Difference= 184 sq ft bigger PER VIDEO BOARD!

Get pumped- we're adding 736 sq ft of video board with the corners ALONE.
    Another 5800 sq ft when including the ends one boards.
    Damn Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Just an FYI- I there has been a lot of verbiage saying that they will "replace" the corner video boards with HD boards, but the assumption was that they will either be the same size or smaller... The daktronics article tells us they will actually be BIGGER by quite a bit!
    The new corner board dimensions will be 20x22ft. A quick look at the fargodome page on gobison.com, the existing boards are exactly, or very close to 16x16 ft.

For those of you doing math at home....
    20x22= 440 sq ft
    16x16= 256 sq ft
    --------------
    Difference= 184 sq ft bigger PER VIDEO BOARD!

Get pumped- we're adding 736 sq ft of video board with the corners ALONE.
    Another 5800 sq ft when including the ends one boards.
    Damn Daniel
    And the 4 ribbon boards are 33' x 3 each which is about 400 square feet

And the boards on the back of the huge boards are 11.5 feet high by 24 feet which is another 552 square feet.

So all in all we are adding 7,650 feet of LED Video boards, not including the new marquee or the portable board

The dome was nuts before. Now it's just sensory overload!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anybody else think the speakers should be replaced as well...to complement the new amazing video boards...

I just think when the drums start up after the intro riff to thunderstruck, I would love to hear the thump of the drums...you can hardly hear when the drums come in with the current setup but I think that is the part of the song that should stick out the most...

What a great time to upgrade the sound as well not? Just my two cents and no this probably won't be the last time I bring this up...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Anybody else think the speakers should be replaced as well...to complement the new amazing video boards...

I just think when the drums start up after the intro riff to thunderstruck, I would love to hear the thump of the drums...you can hardly hear when the drums come in with the current setup but I think that is the part of the song that should stick out the most...

What a great time to upgrade the sound as well not? Just my two cents and no this probably won't be the last time I bring this up...
    I think the sound quality depends on how the system is being fed. For example, when I just feed the FargoDome sound system with a simple 3.5 mm to RCA hook-up from my iPod, the backtracks of songs are noticeably gone or diminished, especially ones involving AC/DC. When I finally get my set-up completed and have all my devices running through my audio multi-mixer, both tracks can be heard and sounds like the system is playing in stereo despite mono being the only possibility.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I could be wrong, but I believe the endzone boards are going to bigger than what is shown in this photo. I based this on how big the board frames looked when I was there last week. For example, the "Gate City Bank Field" sign was behind the frame about a third from the bottom.

With that said, the FargoDome and its staff are doing a tremendous job with the improvements (sans the nacho cheese).
    Nacho smacho..... when are we going to talk about the important stuff like..... spoon size for dippin' dots!
    :
    biggrin:
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

That, I didn't know. The frames, however, were huge in my opinion.
    Can confirm - installed the motors myself. GCBF branding signs are on motors to be sucked up behind the scoreboards as the branding is for football only. They'll also lower to the floor for work.
    As for size, based off some careful eyeball estimations I think the rendering is real close. The championship banners are right about 30' long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I just don't know that a system designed to provide crowd PA is ever going to give a 'feel it in your pants' bass hit in a building full of 18,000 yelling people.... IMO.