Page 184 of 355 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Maybe the wrong place to ask this question, but I know you're in the know and you just mentioned this. What is it about Fargo and the FargoDome that brings this tournament back every year for what seems like the last 20+ years?
    1) Centrally located.
    2) Volunteer base is great and reliable.
    3) Not counting flight tickets, Fargo is a lot more affordable for our States and their representatives/participants.
    4) Safe area in that many kids come from troubled backgrounds and cannot get themselves in lot of trouble.
    5) FargoDome's size allows for lot mats (23-25).
    6) Dorms

I'm sure there are other reasons, and with that said, there are not a lot of other places in the U.S. that can offer the amenities that Fargo can. The closest would be Syracuse, but their Carrier Dome, ironically has no A/C.

Most of our States want to keep in the event in Fargo due to the reasons I stated above, however, our coastal states on each side of the country are usually the biggest voices in regards to moving the event. Right now, Louisville, KY, has continuously gotten a lot of "push" in the past decade as being the next location for reasons I can't figure out. Personally, I find that location absolutely absurd as it is pretty much the anti-Fargo. I lived there after college while attending pro-wrestling school and is not a safe place, nor does it support wrestling - well, real wrestling that is.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Isn't the dorms the big one. Not many available venues with dorms within walking distance.

Nope, can't say as I have. I'd like to think I'd have a plan in place though, which I know is easier said than done with kids involved.

A) Use restroom before the game, and also during halftime.
    B) Don't let the kids drink pop, juice, etc. during game. Water only, and in small amounts. On that note, I'm sneaking in their snacks...COME AT ME NAZIS!!
    C) If I'm at the game with kids, and they're my kids, and they need to use the bathroom during game time, then baby momma is taking them, not this guy*
    D) See Loafs checklist.

*and I wonder why I'm single with no kids.

I remember mentioning this in the UNI post game thoughts, that I looked up on the aforementioned TV right as kickoff was happening while in line for my peanut purchase. I saw Bruce hit the pile but the roar of the dome told me that what I was seeing was an 8 second delay prior to something awesome happening. There were a lot of high fives going around in that line.
    Yeah the plan for taking kids to the game... DONT HAVE A PLAN because soon as you make it they destroy it. My advise there. Loaf was being a bit contrary because it sounds like he's experienced it! LOL Whatever you don't think of will be what the kid decides at that moment is the most important to him. Even if you've ground into their head that they're NDSU BISON fans!

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    If I remember there were 3 before. Two on the field one on each sideline and one up top on in the press box.

Now there will be four with the possibility of a fifth. Not sure where all the cameras will be placed with the new setup. All cameras WILL BE HD.
    4K or bust.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Isn't the dorms the big one. Not many available venues with dorms within walking distance.
    It's an important aspect, but not nearly as important as a great volunteer base.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Yeah the plan for taking kids to the game... Loaf was being a bit contrary because it sounds like he's experienced it! LOL
    Okay, Okay............I admit that everything with my kids didn't always go as planned! What gave me away? Was it the 2 "dammits", the "or else", the "don't tell Mom", or the "that means you, buster"?

My advice to those of you still bringing the kids, however, is to stick to the recommended "Kid's Checklist" as much as you can...............and don't give up, keep bringing them to the games if you can. They will be the next generation of crazy and loud Bison Fans!

My oldest daughter, who started going to Bison games when she was about 3 or 4 yrs. old, is now in her mid-twenties, still goes to the games and is the biggest Bison fan there ever was!! If you keep at it long enough, everything comes full circle. She now has to keep the lazy & crazy old man on the "Bison Fan straight-n-narrow"!

Bison "Old Man" Checklist:

Set three alarm clocks just to wake up......................check
    Find a Bison shirt that isn't faded, wrinkled, or has spit-up on it..............check
    Remember the box of Depends undergarments.....................check
    Take the blood pressure meds, it's Game Day!....................check
    Leave the milk carton and the knitting needles at home (dammit).................check
    Remember to bring the nipple for that bottle of beer at tailgating....................check
    Take a short nap before entering the Dome.......................................check
    Everybody find help for getting me up for the kick off.....(that's what he said).................check
    Is that damn Thunderstruck getting louder or is it just me?........Earplugs........................check
    My goodness! Are the pom-poms getting younger, or is it just me?....... (don't tell mama)...............check
    Offer to fight the refs over a bad call against the Bison.........and that means YOU, sonny!.........check

You see. We are Bison Fans for life! But we can never stop learning!

(Sorry for the thread drift. Carry on.)

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is that your Charlie Joiner helmet?

Oops, forgot to quote, question is for the guys sitting in the control room. Chargers helmet sitting on top.
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    1) Centrally located.
    2) Volunteer base is great and reliable.
    3) Not counting flight tickets, Fargo is a lot more affordable for our States and their representatives/participants.
    4) Safe area in that many kids come from troubled backgrounds and cannot get themselves in lot of trouble.
    5) FargoDome's size allows for lot mats (23-25).
    6) Dorms

I'm sure there are other reasons, and with that said, there are not a lot of other places in the U.S. that can offer the amenities that Fargo can. The closest would be Syracuse, but their Carrier Dome, ironically has no A/C.

Most of our States want to keep in the event in Fargo due to the reasons I stated above, however, our coastal states on each side of the country are usually the biggest voices in regards to moving the event. Right now, Louisville, KY, has continuously gotten a lot of "push" in the past decade as being the next location for reasons I can't figure out. Personally, I find that location absolutely absurd as it is pretty much the anti-Fargo. I lived there after college while attending pro-wrestling school and is not a safe place, nor does it support wrestling - well, real wrestling that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It's an important aspect, but not nearly as important as a great volunteer base.
    Thank you, I appreciate that

And thanks for answering my question, makes sense why they keep coming back.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Yeah the plan for taking kids to the game... DONT HAVE A PLAN because soon as you make it they destroy it. My advise there. Loaf was being a bit contrary because it sounds like he's experienced it! LOL Whatever you don't think of will be what the kid decides at that moment is the most important to him. Even if you've ground into their head that they're NDSU BISON fans!
    You're right. I don't have kids so I really can't say anything about my plans on what I would do with them. In a perfect world I'd put my plan into action, but kids always have other ideas. I really want to have children some day, and I know the freedom I enjoy now as a Bison fan would probably come to an end, or change drastically.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Thank you, I appreciate that

And thanks for answering my question, makes sense why they keep coming back.
    Without a great volunteer system, we're in deep trouble. We ran into this issue in Frisco this past February/March for the Pan American events. Luckily, the event only had two mats. However, we had to fly in people to help with transportation during the week. Hopefully, that will only be the bad experience I ever have in Frisco.
    Hail the BISON!!!