Page 179 of 355 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    A downtown convention center will never bring in any major groups, it is too small.... lnot enough room to host vendors. As currently configured the dome can't bring in any major groups. While it has the floor space for vendors, it lacks actually conference space.

The best solution is to add on to the dome. And yes Fargo desperately needs a venue now that the hotel space is catching up to demand.
    Dome addition absolutely makes the most sense. Although I think the easy solution is to do a smaller, inexpensive addition and partner with the SHAC. Anyone remember the rendering with a walkway between the two buildings? I mean the shac will be huge. I remember when I was younger seeing concerts at the BSA.

Kind of a win win. If the dome can use the shac connected with a skyway and do a smaller less expensive addition with suites, an extra 1200 seats, bathrooms and the rooftop... best of both worlds

Checklist
    Dome needs more floor space
    Dome needs more suites
    Ndsu needs more more seats
    Ndsu needs suites
    Everyone needs more restrooms
    Everyone could use a concourse on the west side
    Dome surplus would fund most of it without the need for a huge addition
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-16-2016 at 04:49 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    If NDSU were to control the suites they would also get the 5-figure sums each suite goes for each year.
    And I can only assume that if the Fargodome pays for the expansion and new suites that they would continue to get that money.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    And I can only assume that if the Fargodome pays for the expansion and new suites that they would continue to get that money.
    Yes, correct.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

NW concourse bathrooms already demo'd as a part of the remodel/video production room addition

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    NW concourse bathrooms already demo'd as a part of the remodel/video production room addition
    Bathroom situation was pretty bad today before the marathon. Part of that was guys not using the urinals. Dang near everybody was waiting for stalls. I stood in line for 6-7 minutes and when I got around the corner there was only one guy at the urinals.

I'm a pretty fair runner, but I've never felt a pressing need to shit right before a race. WTF?

Wouldn't want to be this guy ...

https://runyourashoff.files.wordpres...poop-pants.jpg
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Bathroom situation was pretty bad today before the marathon. Part of that was guys not using the urinals. Dang near everybody was waiting for stalls. I stood in line for 6-7 minutes and when I got around the corner there was only one guy at the urinals.

I'm a pretty fair runner, but I've never felt a pressing need to shit right before a race. WTF?
    I saw the lines on the concourse were nuts. Women's line in the NE field corner was pretty empty, but there were like 4 guys when I went down right before the start of the half marathon. Bunch of people just worried about #2'ing during the race? Or dropping a little weight?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Wouldn't want to be this guy ...

https://runyourashoff.files.wordpres...poop-pants.jpg
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    And my breakfast appetite is now gone....thank you
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    I saw the lines on the concourse were nuts. Women's line in the NE field corner was pretty empty, but there were like 4 guys when I went down right before the start of the half marathon. Bunch of people just worried about #2'ing during the race? Or dropping a little weight?
    Maybe they all had weak bladders.

I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Nerves. A lot of athletes in important competitions get this feeling. You'd be surprised how often it happens. It's not a bad thing. Shows that whatever competition the individual is partaking in means a lot to them.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.