Page 155 of 355 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    USC is nowhere near campus. It is very rare and not desirable but it can happen.
    I thought USC played at the Colisium which is quite close to their campus? UCLA, on the other hand, plays at the Rose Bowl which is a long way from theirs.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    It wouldn't have to kill the overall atmosphere, you just need to think out of the box a little. Have shuttle transportation provided for students and provide a designated tailgating area for them with food and soda at no cost to the students. Costs could be covered by adding $2 to $3 to the price of non-student tickets. Who knows, more of them might even stay for the entire game if the shuttles don't leave until the game is over and add to the atmosphere? Unlimited food at no cost is still popular with hung over college students isn't it?
    I think they already do similar stuff like that for UND. Still can't get the college demographic to show up.
    College of Business Alumnus

All this is pretty fun to talk about; but there will not be any new football stadium anytime soon. Sure, the dome is 23 years old but that is pretty new when you look at the age of a lot of stadiums, let alone buildings. Unless a generous die hard Bison fan wins the Powerball or has a lot of oil land out west, raising money for this would take decades. SDSU's remodel of CAS will cost them 60 million+. A new indoor stadium would cost 100 million+. So the logical plan would have the city taxes pay for it. That's a tough sell. I also question the need for a new stadium. The dome has gone through lots of renovations throughout the years. From lobby additions concourse remodeling, new turf, video boards, and now new video boards and concourse TV's. The dome has kept up with supporting NDSU football.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    USC is nowhere near campus. It is very rare and not desirable but it can happen.

If they play at coliseum it is right next to campus from when I google (admittedly quite quick) now point about UCLA and rose bowl... Didn't get that far down the list or they hadn't won recently 60s and on. Which is why MN was excluded with their 7 coming prior. But a good example of maybe why you don't want to mess with an off campus stadium!

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On a side note I have always wondered why we fly a Minnesota state flag in front of a North Dakota state stadium for a North Dakota football team. Is it because we host some Minnesota high school football? Anyway ...I don't foresee US Bank Stadium flying a ND flag in front.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o-kcRZ-HwL...0/IMG_1418.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    On a side note I have always wondered why we fly a Minnesota state flag in front of a North Dakota state stadium for a North Dakota football team. Is it because we host some Minnesota high school football? Anyway ...I don't foresee US Bank Stadium flying a ND flag in front.

Why does Ralph fly a Canadian flag, definitely not in the same country, as much as we joke about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Why does Ralph fly a Canadian flag, definitely not in the same country, as much as we joke about it.
    It is a common courtesy to fly the flag of visitors... as long as it is to the right of the home flag (as you face them), then it should be OK with the flag police.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post

Rather see that then the Candian flag some places seem obligated to fly
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    If they play at coliseum it is right next to campus from when I google (admittedly quite quick) now point about UCLA and rose bowl... Didn't get that far down the list or they hadn't won recently 60s and on. Which is why MN was excluded with their 7 coming prior. But a good example of maybe why you don't want to mess with an off campus stadium!
    Correct. I got them mixed up. I was thinking USC played in Pasadena for some reason. It is a 45 minute drive from UCLA to Pasadena (27 miles). They averaged 67k in a 92k seat stadium in 2015. USC averaged 75k. I have no idea if USC is better supported by students. USC undergraduate is 19k (large for a private school) while UCLA is 29k.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Colorado State has a beautiful stadium west of campus. They are building a new one in downtown Ft. Collins. They cite better student participation.