Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Are you channeling Bernie Sanders?
    Feel the Bern!

(on YOUR wallet.)
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Feel the Bern!

(on YOUR wallet.)
    Keeps getting lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Feel the Bern!

(on YOUR wallet.)
    thats quite enough from someone living in the sea of blue that is minnesota.......

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Not that I'm overly familiar with actual campus but to me appears Ralph on UND campus is about what the fargodome is to NDSU campus, on the north end, it's a bit of a hike but walkable.

Alerus is maybe about twice as far and you have railroad tracks and Demers Ave (akin to 12th Ave/32nd Ave in Fargo without getting overly detailed on it) to contend with, not many real good walkable routes. Basically have to pick Columbia or 42nd ST to get across the railroad tracks (legally)...

If they ever do succeed in their pipe dream it's almost a given they would build the new stadium on the Memorial Stadium location. Plenty of parking in the area esp with the ramp just kitty corner from there.

Not sure what the distance between the two makes a difference on anything.

It would kill student atmosphere no doubt about it. Which would have an effect on the overall atmosphere. Again wouldn't matter to me as long as I can park and walk to the stadium and get out reasonably well it could be anywhere in Fargo for me and many others we're driving many miles to get there anyway. Odd in todays world just doesn't seem like students want to drive to attend an atheletic event or have to be there at a set time they want to go when they want to go and walk there.
    Your crazy if believe a new stadium not located on campus will Kill NDSU football and or its atmosphere. Assuming we keep winning they Game will be what it is now. With more seats, I expect it will remain full past halftime.

BTW the Current Dome is on NDSU's Campus

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Shuttles run on a schedule. When do they start, how many? Some students want the front row seat some just want a seat, some want to tailgate.... Again this is an inconvenience to the students that are not die hards or maybe even to the diehards if they don't start early enough.

Why should I have to pay more to entertain the students? Rather give that to NDSU athletics.

Yeah exactly inconvenience what if someone has to work and has to be back at a certain time then what?

I get it shuttles would help, entertainment would help, trying to restrain them would maybe help but I would see it as a hindrance if I was a current student. I don't think you'd get as good of turnout as you would with oncampus... just a reality in todays world. Kids don't like to be tied down to a schedule/site etc. On campus stadiums give them more of that liberty to do what they want when they want.
    Are your saying that if a new stadium was not on campus tickets sales would slump? It seems to me student tickets for most games sale out very quickly (die hard). No one is making a decision based on their location to the dome, People are going because of the atmosphere. While the atmosphere is now good put the stadium in place that allows easier accesses for more tailgating and allows for 2/3 as many people in and you will a better atmosphere. This has not changed...... Young people go to the best party and on Saturdays afternoons the best party is NDSU football! I dont see that changing anytime soon regardless of location.

Of course on campus is the what we all want, but I would forgo it being on campus if shortcuts had to be made.

If/when we are going to do this do it right allow for things like more tailgating, (easier accesses), future expansion etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Your crazy if believe a new stadium not located on campus will Kill NDSU football and or its atmosphere. Assuming we keep winning they Game will be what it is now. With more seats, I expect it will remain full past halftime.

BTW the Current Dome is on NDSU's Campus
    Never said it would kill it but students are an integral part of the success. What successful football program has a stadium off campus? I looked up all the FBS teams with most wins and recent ones at that. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is on campus. Not stating it would die. But one of the keys is having student involvement, as they become the fans after they graduate and stick around Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Are your saying that if a new stadium was not on campus tickets sales would slump? It seems to me student tickets for most games sale out very quickly (die hard). No one is making a decision based on their location to the dome, People are going because of the atmosphere. While the atmosphere is now good put the stadium in place that allows easier accesses for more tailgating and allows for 2/3 as many people in and you will a better atmosphere. This has not changed...... Young people go to the best party and on Saturdays afternoons the best party is NDSU football! I dont see that changing anytime soon regardless of location.

Of course on campus is the what we all want, but I would forgo it being on campus if shortcuts had to be made.

If/when we are going to do this do it right allow for things like more tailgating, (easier accesses), future expansion etc.
    No they probably wouldn't but I would definitely be afraid of football dying a slow death if it was moved off campus. Haven't heard of any disgruntled students so that must be going well. I bet you take away a students ability to be "flexible" going to the game eventually it will wear out. A couple down years for whatever reason and they will not see it that way anymore. Right now they're living the dream because we are good. Easy to sell tickets when you're winning. Heck you could still get season tickets even after two 10-1 seasons in 2006 and 2007.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the student attendance thing.

Don't know why any on campus stadium would have to have more shortcuts than an off campus stadium. Any stadium is going to have to have infrastructure built to support it. NDSU owns a LOT of land from what I understand around campus. I don't know anything specific though, that's just what I've been told by people who were intimate with the school at one point.

Default Dome Upgrades

Don't know if this was mentioned previously, but how many here besides me went to the CSU game in 2012? That stadium is off campus and gets low student support (along with low alumni/fan support). This is why they are planning on building a new on-campus stadium.

Although most of NDSU's fan support are non-students, I would hate their role diminished. There are places near campus a new stadium can be built, but it would involve buying plenty of real estate.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I went to the CSU game, iirc wasn't the student side behind NDSU pretty damn full? I know the one end zone was not nearly as full but the two sidelines were packed.

Or are you talking as the season wears on and it's not perfect football weather? It was a nice day that day

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

, but it would involve buying plenty of real estate.

Not sure if they would as NDSU holds quite a chunk of land... At worst they may have to do a land swap deal.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

USC is nowhere near campus. It is very rare and not desirable but it can happen.