Page 150 of 355 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Does not the foundation own a bunch of property bordering the campus. What are their intentions for that? Student housing?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

How far west does ndsu land go? There is a gigantic grass field area on the west side of the railroad tracks. Would probably take some infrastructure work to make it feasible though... Would be a fair walk from heart of campus living though.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    My opinion they would be too small to be of much use outside besides they are way too blurry for text unless you use large font. The students line up under a canopy so that is out. Wouldn't want one of those ugly things on the outside of the SHAC... Track facility is good idea though but again if they use small font which they almost would for most track stuff would be unreadable. Dacotah could use one...

50% you're getting better!
    Resolution is kind of weak indoors but I don't think they are ugly at all. They are not exceptionally large and for outdoor boards, they would probably be one of the nicer ones in town. With all the businesses in Fargo Moorhead, I can't think of one off the top of my head that has nicer outdoor boards. I'm sure someone has one though.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    With all the businesses in Fargo Moorhead, I can't think of one off the top of my head that has nicer outdoor boards. I'm sure someone has one though.
    All of the electronic billboards Newman has around town are better than those old corner boards at the dome.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    All of the electronic billboards Newman has around town are better than those old corner boards at the dome.
    Well duh but that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the signs you see at businesses. For instance compare our dome video boards to the one they have at Scheels, or West Acres, or any of the banks... by that standard they would be really really nice

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The Cowboys can donate their screens as part of the deal to draft Carson Wentz. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    You should ask UMass
    Umass just wasnt off campus. It was in another city and many miles away if I remember correctly.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    How far west does ndsu land go? There is a gigantic grass field area on the west side of the railroad tracks. Would probably take some infrastructure work to make it feasible though... Would be a fair walk from heart of campus living though.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    From what I understand the land to the west is dedicated to the ag-research and future growth such as dorms etc. We will not be putting up a 40 acre football facility in there. (40 acres is just my own rough "conservative" size estimate of the current Fargo Dome plus parking...its probably closer to 80)

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Umass just wasnt off campus. It was in another city and many miles away if I remember correctly.
    Yeah comparing UMass with a south Fargo faclity is like comparing apples and chairs

It would be like NDSU playing games in Jamestown.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.