Page 146 of 355 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Burgum didn't kill this upgrade directly but there are some city officials and others like Burgum that believe some of the FD reserve could help fund a downtown project. I believe the FD expansion will not proceed until there is a more clear direction on a downtown project. I believe that we need to keep reminding our city officials that the FD reserve should ONLY be used for the FD and that the west side expansion should be pursued sooner, rather than later.
    The upgrade was proposed AFTER the convention center was proposed.

I'm definitely a fan of the Fargodome site but I'm still not completely opposed to downtown. Not ad much as I originally was.

But the truth is the dome needs these upgrades no matter what happens with the convention center and that needs to be the #1 priority.

Personally I think we should do the fancy upgrade on my picture and do a smaller addition to the dome. The more I see how much space a new convention center would take up in the parking lot, the less I like it.

I also think instead of putting the convention center downtown, they should just upgrade the civic center and do it right this time.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

So if DB is governor, all these projects will get done on the state's dime. Mmmmm.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    So if DB is governor, all these projects will get done on the state's dime. Mmmmm.

ROFL. The governor has exactly zero votes in the legislature.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

Burgum has stated we are over spending and thr government is growing faster than the oil boom. The dude is a fiscal conservative. He's also a great philanthropist. He flat out donated one of the downtown ndsu buildings and is a huge donor. He has ndsu buildings with his name on it. I like Burgum for governor over the other career politicians and stiffs and it's not even close. Dude built an empire. He knows his shit.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Burgum has stated we are over spending and thr government is growing faster than the oil boom. The dude is a fiscal conservative. He's also a great philanthropist. He flat out donated one of the downtown ndsu buildings and is a huge donor. He has ndsu buildings with his name on it. I like Burgum for governor over the other career politicians and stiffs and it's not even close. Dude built an empire. He knows his shit.
    Not a ND resident so ultimately I don't have a dog in the fight but he strikes me as a dude who will do things because it's the right thing to do, not because his party tells him to. He's obviously intelligent and it's not going to hurt to have a pro-NDSU, or more importantly, pro-higher ed voice in the capital.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    ROFL. The governor has exactly zero votes in the legislature.
    I didn't think I needed purple, but of course I was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This isn't meant as a slam on Doug Burgum, I think he's a good guy but isn't it his mother's name on the building at NDSU? I could be wrong about that but I thought his family was quite wealthy.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I do realize he's also given NDSU a lot of money.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This isn't meant as a slam on Doug Burgum, I think he's a good guy but isn't it his mother's name on the building at NDSU? I could be wrong about that but I thought his family was quite wealthy.
    Library (i think) and the Kathrine Kilbourne Burgum Family Life, 4H Center
    Building that is part of Plains Art.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Library (i think) and the Kathrine Kilbourne Burgum Family Life, 4H Center
    Building that is part of Plains Art.
    The library was built with state money... took about 50 years to get it though.