Page 140 of 355 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

So will the lead-time to get the bids completed, decision made, order entered, boards designed, built, tested, delivered and installed still allow for them to be up and running prior to the first 2016 home football game?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    hope I can see from row T in the EZ...dont have any problems seeing the current scoreboard across the field so I think Ill be ok...feel for the people at the top, will probably be blocked from the other screen from seeing anything
    I believe I heard somewhere that they will be incorporating boards on the backside of the new boards for the fans that are seated up higher. Sounds like they are really going all out on this new upgrade and should last them quite awhile.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Being a nerd I did some more research and just 1 of our boards will be in the top 40 in the FBS for overall size but since we will have TWO of them, we will have one of the biggest setups in the nation. But that's just overall size. It's not talking about HD. There are only a handful of full HD video boards in the nation and technically SDSU has the largest full HD video board in the nation followed by Bill Snyder Family Stadium. Since we will have 2 video boards, (and the corners) it will be the largest collection of HD Video Boards in the nation. Not even close. Well at least until the big dogs decide their resolution isn't good enough and upgrade. Auburn has an 11,000 square foot video board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...m_video_boards
    One side effect of these new video boards, all pictures of the crowd will now feature the fans looking up at the video boards and not at the action on the field. Seriously. Look at any picture at AT&T stadium where you can see the fans in the background and most of them are starring at the video board and not the field.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    One side effect of these new video boards, all pictures of the crowd will now feature the fans looking up at the video boards and not at the action on the field. Seriously. Look at any picture at AT&T stadium where you can see the fans in the background and most of them are starring at the video board and not the field.
    Players stare at the boards to watch their play afterwards as they go back to the huddle too.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's cause over half those seats are to far away from the action. This won't affect fan interaction during gameplay at all.

hope I can see from row T in the EZ...dont have any problems seeing the current scoreboard across the field so I think Ill be ok...feel for the people at the top, will probably be blocked from the other screen from seeing anything

Row AA is still plenty good probably affects GG and above? The gate city field ad on the bottom is probably the breaking point.. If they can raise that 10-15 feet to the bottom of the scoreboards might almost be high enough but don't know that is feasible. There is significant amount of space above the scoreboard, again don't know the feasibility of using that space.

Already mentioned seems they plan on putting something generic on the back. But playing with the height and raising it would seen seem like a better option

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So will the lead-time to get the bids completed, decision made, order entered, boards designed, built, tested, delivered and installed still allow for them to be up and running prior to the first 2016 home football game?

Last fall they said plan was to have them ready to go this fall. Which is what is driving the bid timeline. Think June/July is their slow time at the dome where they like to do projects that will interrupt floor space, assuming these boards installs would indeed do that.

Peel the roof off, add another ring of seating, put roof back on with the video boards higher up. Multiple problems solved.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

The Jerryworld boards are almost 4x the area of what the FFD is planning to put in.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Players stare at the boards to watch their play afterwards as they go back to the huddle too.
    They also watch it to see when the qb releases the ball so they know when to turn around on a long bomb

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com