Page 134 of 355 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It will not be obstructing the view of the field but it will mostly obstruct your view of the far video board. Might have to have something simpler on the back of the board for the seat that are up high in the endzones.
    article said something about doing a simple board on the back of one (?), the north one I'm assuming, for "arena" (basketball) configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    article said something about doing a simple board on the back of one (?), the north one I'm assuming, for "arena" (basketball) configuration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum
    The additions could also include a large screen that would hang from the ceiling at the back of the southern stands when the stadium is in arena mode — for example, during basketball games.
    no, that bit looks like a temporary board that would hang in the neighborhood of the North 30/40 yard line above the south seats when the south seating has been pushed forward for basketball

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Hopefully they can engineer something. Too bad it's too low in there to do a Jerry World thing. There's a video ring in the plans for the new Atlanta Stadium, that might be an idea
    They'll have to keep that in mind when they raise the roof to expand to 35K.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbsy View Post
    no, that bit looks like a temporary board that would hang in the neighborhood of the North 30/40 yard line above the south seats when the south seating has been pushed forward for basketball
    That will probably work better than having to look straight up. For football, I think so long as they update the corner boards and maybe put down/distance/clock of some sort on the backside it will be OK. Not great, but OK. I think it's just the top few rows that are obstructed.

I was playing around and was trying to figure out what these would look like. My best estimate for boards that are 30 by 100ft would look like this. Almost exactly the same size as the old digital displays currently at the ends of the field. I think it's going to look pretty sweet.

Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

the tunnel walk on those will be badass

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I was playing around and was trying to figure out what these would look like. My best estimate for boards that are 30 by 100ft would look like this. Almost exactly the same size as the old digital displays currently at the ends of the field. I think it's going to look pretty sweet.

They really should run ribbons along the top there on the sidelines. Really blow it out.

Nice work. They actually have a picture in The Forum print edition of what this could possibly look like as well. Basically said the same thing as well. Same size as what is there now, just full video across the board. The picture had 2 ads on the left and right edges with video in the middle. Would look totally BA, especially with one in each end zone. Hoping they go with the 30x100. Hopefully the increase opportunity for ad revenue will entice them enough to go big.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Please do the 30x100...I will beg anyone. Next, upgrade the sound system so thunderstruck actually has some base and sound the way it should...the intro is only like a couple minutes long (which is pathetic) that's including the countdown, so the silver hairs don't need to get all worked up...then the corners and end zones can hear the announcer as well...

We MUST do this. If money is an obstacle, wait to upgrade the corners if we can only do the smaller ones. They will work ok for stats and stuff.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com