Page 13 of 355 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    We don't need 50 or 100 security people in the tailgate area. Its overkill and a waste of money. You would think there were all sorts of riot problems in the past the way they constantly pace the lot.
    OOOooorrrrrr thats the reason there havent been any riots?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Agreed, which is why a RIF is part of the solution. However it's not all of the solution IMO. Untrained, unprofessional security guards on a power trip are no good for anyone. And the dome has more than its share.
    With effective training of the security personnel (not guards. The term guard likely leads to the misperspective a number of these folks have)

** Sorry Tatanka, being a word nazi here. **

The training should outline the objective of their job - Serve and support the customer and help the customer understand their rights and responsibilities. Make the gameday a positive experience rather than have folks watching their backs.

A well trained and positive security group would likely enable a higher per person rate of pay while reducing the overall security expense. And the customer satisfaction would likely improve significantly enabling additional NDSU revenue opportunities.

But then again, a commitment to establish the fan as the focus of the game day may be a stretch.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Call me crazy, but I sent the following e-mail to Gene Taylor today regarding the new Fargodome turf for 2012:
    Hello Gene,
    As an NDSU Alumnus, Teammaker and avid fan I am very encouraged by the continued success of Bison athletic programs. I am also happy to see there are many improvements to facilities that are ongoing, or in the planning stage. One such improvement is plans for new turf at the Fargodome in 2012. Most certainly the players, coaches and fans are excited about this change and looking forward to the benefits of its installation.
    As you might assume, there is much discussion amongst fans regarding how the new turf will look, especially what labels and logos will be applied to it. Many of us are concerned about who will be proposing and approving the designs and how much influence NDSU will have in this process. To get to a the point of this e-mail, most football fans are disappointed with the current turf, not just because it's outdated, but because the center of the field is dominated with large block letters that spell out FARGODOME on two sides. This area is almost always reserved for the home team's logo at other venues. Please reassure NDSU's Alumni, Teammakers, students and fans that a Bison logo will be placed at the center of the field on the new turf. There are several places around the 25 yard sideline where Fargodome, MVFC or donor names and logos can be placed.
    The following provides some suggestions for the new turf design:
    1. NDSU Bison swoosh logo (profile view of front half of snorting bison) at center of field.
    2. Fargodome, MVFC, or possible donor names at 25 yard sideline areas.
    3. NDSU in one endzone and BISON in the other endzone.
    4. Newer Bison head logo in four places (in the endzones on each side of BISON and NDSU).
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts regarding this e-mail. Thanks for your efforts and dedication to NDSU athletics. Go Bison!
    I received an e-mail back from Gene first thing this morning. He said he appreciated the input and indicated NDSU will have some say, not sure how much, in what is put on the new turf. He also said because the turf is going to be paid for by the dome and a corporate sponsor they will have the majority of the say. Apparently each side has their own view what should be at midfield and there will be several discussions with all parties before a decision is made.

I received an e-mail back from Gene first thing this morning. He said he appreciated the input and indicated NDSU will have some say, not sure how much, in what is put on the new turf. He also said because the turf is going to be paid for by the dome and a corporate sponsor they will have the majority of the say. Apparently each side has their own view what should be at midfield and there will be several discussions with all parties before a decision is made.
    99% of the time, parties that contribute to a college field get naming rights on the field but they don't put their logo all over it. Hell, why would a sponsor want to put their logo all over a field when doing so would be ugly and extremely unlikely to generate any goodwill?

If it ends up bis the FargoDome competing with the corporate sponsor to see who can cover the most square footage with their ugly ass flair and there's not even a Bison logo at the 50, then the minute the turf is installed is the time to start the drive to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    99% of the time, parties that contribute to a college field get naming rights on the field but they don't put their logo all over it. Hell, why would a sponsor want to put their logo all over a field when doing so would be ugly and extremely unlikely to generate any goodwill?

If it ends up bis the FargoDome competing with the corporate sponsor to see who can cover the most square footage with their ugly ass flair and there's not even a Bison logo at the 50, then the minute the turf is installed is the time to start the drive to replace it.
    I agree. I just summarized what Gene said (thought it was better to say in my words than post his entire e-mail here). Just seems odd NDSU has so little say in the matter. Who else puts close to 19,000 in the seats 6 plus times a year? Where else do you see a local venue have more of their print at center field/court/ice than the team that plays there?
    I hope there is more chance for a Bison logo at midfield than what Gene seemed to indicate. Maybe all the parties involved will see that a bison logo is best. Everyone at Bisonville that care should send e-mails to Gene and the Fargodome management. Does anyone know who e-mails should be addressed to at the Fargodome?

Fargodome authority members:

http://www.fargodome.com/inside_fda.php

533 In a row

I agree. I just summarized what Gene said (thought it was better to say in my words than post his entire e-mail here). Just seems odd NDSU has so little say in the matter. Who else puts close to 19,000 in the seats 6 plus times a year?
    Moreover, NDSU is the only one using the turf other than the Dakota Bowl every other year.

So it NDSU fans that puts the butts in the seats, the facility is built on university land and we get little to know say how it will look? If UND wanted to be dicks (and they're good at being dicks so this wouldn't surprise me) they'd donate a ton of money to the project then plaster their logo and name all over the carpet.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    So it NDSU fans that puts the butts in the seats, the facility is built on university land and we get little to know say how it will look? If UND wanted to be dicks (and they're good at being dicks so this wouldn't surprise me) they'd donate a ton of money to the project then plaster their logo and name all over the carpet.
    That would be if they knew what there name was or is going to be. Now they would just have to leave it blank or better yet just put a big ? on the field.

I agree. I just summarized what Gene said (thought it was better to say in my words than post his entire e-mail here). Just seems odd NDSU has so little say in the matter. Who else puts close to 19,000 in the seats 6 plus times a year? Where else do you see a local venue have more of their print at center field/court/ice than the team that plays there?
    I hope there is more chance for a Bison logo at midfield than what Gene seemed to indicate. Maybe all the parties involved will see that a bison logo is best. Everyone at Bisonville that care should send e-mails to Gene and the Fargodome management. Does anyone know who e-mails should be addressed to at the Fargodome?
    Yeah, who knows, maybe the corporate sponsor is 100% NDSU and will use their money to make sure the Fargodome logos stay off the field?? lol, Yeah, it's a long shot, I know, but a boy can dream, no?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.