Page 127 of 355 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That is ridiculous. They need to maintain the dome and do the upgrades FIRST and if anything is left over, maybe they could chip in a little. The dome is much more used than the Civic. They just throw shit around like it's their own money. Downtown events center. Use the dome money. Civic renovation. Use the dome money. Meanwhile the dome gets neglected and is stumbling to compete with new centers in Sioux Falls and even the Alerus.
    Next home game whoever projects the huge Bison image on the dome should put a huge dollar sign on it so it looks like a piggy bank.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That is ridiculous. They need to maintain the dome and do the upgrades FIRST and if anything is left over, maybe they could chip in a little. The dome is much more used than the Civic. They just throw shit around like it's their own money. Downtown events center. Use the dome money. Civic renovation. Use the dome money. Meanwhile the dome gets neglected and is stumbling to compete with new centers in Sioux Falls and even the Alerus.
    I agree. The FD has been updated. What about convention space, meeting rooms, more seating, a restaurant/bar for the FD. The FD reserves should be spent only on the FD. I didn't vote yes on the sales tax measure to fund a performing arts center.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    I agree. The FD has to be updated. What about convention space, meeting rooms, more seating, a restaurant/bar for the FD. The FD reserves should be spent only on the FD. I didn't vote yes on the sales tax measure to fund a performing arts center.
    Exactly. Now this is something I would support and that's what the money is intended for. At thr very least we need to do the smaller version of this project. We need something like this to be competitive with the other venues. You know the performance center is a bad deal when they are already projecting losses of 175k per year while the dome always makes money and has an actual need for this. I don't think we even have demand for a performing arts center. I would rather they raise the money privately and maybe the city chip in a little for a renovation. The civic actually has some potential the way it is. It's the perfect sized venue for concerts and now that the Hub is basically gone, there's a need for a 2k seat venue for concerts.
    http://www.inforum.com/news/3661180-...00-215-million

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    I agree. The FD has been updated. What about convention space, meeting rooms, more seating, a restaurant/bar for the FD. The FD reserves should be spent only on the FD. I didn't vote yes on the sales tax measure to fund a performing arts center.
    People in Fargo are tired of being taxed and special assessed for everything. The city is going to pull from whatever surplus it can find. Unfortunately, a lot of people see the Fargodome as a NDSU facility and all upgrades only benefiting North Dakota State University. As warranted as upgrades to the dome are, I see them as being a tough sell to a community that has been told that downtown is the focus. They also want different facilities that can handle various events.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    People in Fargo are tired of being taxed and special assessed for everything. The city is going to pull from whatever surplus it can find. Unfortunately, a lot of people see the Fargodome as a NDSU facility and all upgrades only benefiting North Dakota State University. As warranted as upgrades to the dome are, I see them as being a tough sell to a community that has been told that downtown is the focus. They also want different facilities that can handle various events.
    NDSU wouldn't gain much from the upgrades other than some premium sky box seats. The Bison only play 6-9 times per year. Its the weddings and conventions thst will benefit and they need to market that. Of course the downtown people would never do that.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post

But that is what the maintenance fund is for the fargodome, they don't need community support to improve the dome that is what they told people they were going to use it for. To raid it for something they never informed tax payers that would happen is idiotic. The more they do this smoke and mirrors to make it look like this is part of the dome, the less likely tax payers ever approve anything because they no longer trust the city.

Can agree on taxes and specials but the way people in Fargo are throwing money around on housing market yet complain about some measly taxes just indicates how messed up the system is.

NDSU wouldn't gain much from the upgrades other than some premium sky box seats. The Bison only play 6-9 times per year. Its the weddings and conventions thst will benefit and they need to market that. Of course the downtown people would never do that.
    Turn the Dome into the new civic center and build a downtown stadium. Everyone is happy, lol.

Stupid bastards.

Just tape a $20 bill to every seat every time the Gate City Bank Theater is used.

The city would be ahead $40 million.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Stupid bastards.

Just tape a $20 bill to every seat every time the Gate City Bank Theater is used.

The city would be ahead $40 million.
    I mean is there real demand for a performing arts center? Haven't we done enough by paying for one in Moorhead? (See Bluestem) Should we fund 175k per year in losses to entain a few rich artsy snobs?

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Oh, good Lord, I missed this: http://www.inforum.com/news/3828638-...tly-demolition

I guess the City Commission does view the FargoDome as a slush fund they can tap for their pet projects. Not impressed at all. It's the same kind of chickenshittedness displayed over beer sales in the FargoDome.

If it's important to get done, it should be important enough to have its own funding model that doesn't loot the FargoDome fund.
    Mayor Mahoney: tmahoney@cityoffargo.com
    Commissioner Piepkorn: dpiepkorn@cityoffargo.com