Page 12 of 355 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    No audio with the video after the advertisement gets done playing.
    Worked fine for me.... Wish they shot a quick shot under the new lights

Call me crazy, but I sent the following e-mail to Gene Taylor today regarding the new Fargodome turf for 2012:
    Hello Gene,
    As an NDSU Alumnus, Teammaker and avid fan I am very encouraged by the continued success of Bison athletic programs. I am also happy to see there are many improvements to facilities that are ongoing, or in the planning stage. One such improvement is plans for new turf at the Fargodome in 2012. Most certainly the players, coaches and fans are excited about this change and looking forward to the benefits of its installation.
    As you might assume, there is much discussion amongst fans regarding how the new turf will look, especially what labels and logos will be applied to it. Many of us are concerned about who will be proposing and approving the designs and how much influence NDSU will have in this process. To get to a the point of this e-mail, most football fans are disappointed with the current turf, not just because it's outdated, but because the center of the field is dominated with large block letters that spell out FARGODOME on two sides. This area is almost always reserved for the home team's logo at other venues. Please reassure NDSU's Alumni, Teammakers, students and fans that a Bison logo will be placed at the center of the field on the new turf. There are several places around the 25 yard sideline where Fargodome, MVFC or donor names and logos can be placed.
    The following provides some suggestions for the new turf design:
    1. NDSU Bison swoosh logo (profile view of front half of snorting bison) at center of field.
    2. Fargodome, MVFC, or possible donor names at 25 yard sideline areas.
    3. NDSU in one endzone and BISON in the other endzone.
    4. Newer Bison head logo in four places (in the endzones on each side of BISON and NDSU).
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts regarding this e-mail. Thanks for your efforts and dedication to NDSU athletics. Go Bison!

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Call me crazy, but I sent the following e-mail to Gene Taylor today regarding the new Fargodome turf for 2012:
    Hello Gene,
    As an NDSU Alumnus, Teammaker and avid fan I am very encouraged by the continued success of Bison athletic programs. I am also happy to see there are many improvements to facilities that are ongoing, or in the planning stage. One such improvement is plans for new turf at the Fargodome in 2012. Most certainly the players, coaches and fans are excited about this change and looking forward to the benefits of its installation.
    As you might assume, there is much discussion amongst fans regarding how the new turf will look, especially what labels and logos will be applied to it. Many of us are concerned about who will be proposing and approving the designs and how much influence NDSU will have in this process. To get to a the point of this e-mail, most football fans are disappointed with the current turf, not just because it's outdated, but because the center of the field is dominated with large block letters that spell out FARGODOME on two sides. This area is almost always reserved for the home team's logo at other venues. Please reassure NDSU's Alumni, Teammakers, students and fans that a Bison logo will be placed at the center of the field on the new turf. There are several places around the 25 yard sideline where Fargodome, MVFC or donor names and logos can be placed.
    The following provides some suggestions for the new turf design:
    1. NDSU Bison swoosh logo (profile view of front half of snorting bison) at center of field.
    2. Fargodome, MVFC, or possible donor names at 25 yard sideline areas.
    3. NDSU in one endzone and BISON in the other endzone.
    4. Newer Bison head logo in four places (in the endzones on each side of BISON and NDSU).
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts regarding this e-mail. Thanks for your efforts and dedication to NDSU athletics. Go Bison!
    Looks good, thanks for sending.

Yeah, perhaps a few more of us should send similar emails so that he knows it is something we would like to see. While the Fargodome is for Fargo and NDSU, the reason it is there is NDSU and the NDSU should get to determine the turf design.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post
    That's pretty normal for any large event, heck even most retail stores in the country employ plain clothed loss prevention personnel to catch people, it's the same premise.

But yeah, I'm curious as to why they who shall not be named are such a big secret. Maybe it their identities were known we could combat all of this crap at the tailgate lot!
    Big difference. In a retail store they are protecting their property. What are drinkers in the dome parking lot stealing?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Big difference. In a retail store they are protecting their property. What are drinkers in the dome parking lot stealing?
    Quite a few IIRC last year. Several people were complaining of stolen stuff at the tailgate lot.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post
    Quite a few IIRC last year. Several people were complaining of stolen stuff at the tailgate lot.
    Perhaps, but were things stolen during the tailgate?

And when there's nobody on the tailgate lot (e.g. during the game) what's the point of being a plainclothes?

I think the point is being missed.

Anyhoo. To me the best upgrade that could happen at the dome is to get the security force some training. And some accountability. And a RIF.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Perhaps, but were things stolen during the tailgate?

And when there's nobody on the tailgate lot (e.g. during the game) what's the point of being a plainclothes?

I think the point is being missed.

Anyhoo. To me the best upgrade that could happen at the dome is to get the security force some training. And some accountability. And a RIF.
    We don't need 50 or 100 security people in the tailgate area. Its overkill and a waste of money. You would think there were all sorts of riot problems in the past the way they constantly pace the lot.

We don't need 50 or 100 security people in the tailgate area. Its overkill and a waste of money. You would think there were all sorts of riot problems in the past the way they constantly pace the lot.
    LET ME SCREAM SOME MORE ABOUT THINGS BECAUSE I AM AN ANGRY PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Agreed, which is why a RIF is part of the solution. However it's not all of the solution IMO. Untrained, unprofessional security guards on a power trip are no good for anyone. And the dome has more than its share.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.