Page 11 of 355 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The lighting project in the dome has to be nearing completion. Anyone been in there to see what the difference is? If its not done yet they have less than 5 weeks to get it done as first game is Sept 3. Not to mention they will have to work around an occasional Bison football practice in there and the Fan day on August 16. Any progress report?
    I've heard with these big stadium lights they have to condition them before they are ready for gameday by leaving them on for days at a time. They did this for the Twins stadium before it opened. I wonder if they are doing that now or will be soon at the FFD.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The lighting project in the dome has to be nearing completion. Anyone been in there to see what the difference is? If its not done yet they have less than 5 weeks to get it done as first game is Sept 3. Not to mention they will have to work around an occasional Bison football practice in there and the Fan day on August 16. Any progress report?
    Hello Anybody? Kolpack or Izzo you out there? I thought there was all this improved coverage?

I was a student at NDSU from 1986-1991. The cops only gave tickets to the people hosting the parties unless someone was really obnoxious and didn't leave quietly.

I almost got a MIP once when the potheads next door to my friend's apartment called the cops when we weren't making any noise. (I think they didn't like Native Americans living next to them.) My stupid friend opened the door with a beer in his hand so the cops came in and saw it was just 3 of us watching TV so they just gave us a warning.

I'm pretty sure it was the infamous bottle through the press box window at at Dacotah Field that was the impetus for pat downs at football games.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I don't know how it is now, but when I used to party at NDSU 6-7 years ago, the cops never even bothered us. They would drive by and scope the place out, but as long as we were on the property of the house we were at, there was never an issue. If for some reason a party near there got busted, they just told us to leave. Now, I hear about people getting minors at parties...I never once got one for being at a party.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was the infamous bottle through the press box window at at Dacotah Field that was the impetus for pat downs at football games.
    I was at a game once when a whiskey bottle came flying over us... I was standing at the very back row so I could watch it go down and almost brain a guy. I yelled for him to watch out but he just looked up. Bottle missed him by about 4 feet.

Given enough rope, idiots can ruin just about anything for everybody.

NDSU had its Media Day today, and held the interviews in the Dome arena. Right now there's a ton of shell casings for lights around and the place looks like a construction zone. The north and east sides appear to be finished (or at least they have a row of lights on each side). Judging from what they have now it'll be a big improvement on the old system, I'd reckon it'll take a week or two yet to have the projects done. As of right now there are no lights on the west or south sides of the arena.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    NDSU had its Media Day today, and held the interviews in the Dome arena. Right now there's a ton of shell casings for lights around and the place looks like a construction zone. The north and east sides appear to be finished (or at least they have a row of lights on each side). Judging from what they have now it'll be a big improvement on the old system, I'd reckon it'll take a week or two yet to have the projects done. As of right now there are no lights on the west or south sides of the arena.
    Good to know...There will be new lights in the dome! (Finally)
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

A few pictures, they're taken from a cell phone so sorry for the poor quality. Hard to gauge just how bright these are, but it gives you an idea of the state of the installation.

East side:

East side floor:

Southwest corner (no lights on those sides yet):

Not sure why the pictures got smaller as I went along, but hopefully that gives you an idea of where it's at.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Photographers who shoot the Bison just popped rods.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kolpack was pimping up the lights on the newst Bison Video Blog. I'm super excited to see a well lit FFD!

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id.../group/Sports/

Quote Originally Posted by GradBison View Post
    Kolpack was pimping up the lights on the newst Bison Video Blog. I'm super excited to see a well lit FFD!

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id.../group/Sports/
    No audio with the video after the advertisement gets done playing.