Page 102 of 355 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

This is kind of depressing. Everyone on here might be dead before there is a new stadium.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This is kind of depressing. Everyone on here might be dead before there is a new stadium.
    Except for 344Johnson. He's pretty young.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    One of the things they're talking about is replacing the existing suites with regular seating and building a new suite and press area on the west side. That may be an opportunity for NDSU to get a piece of the suite action as part of deal where NDSU would be kicking in money up front to fund the improvements.
    I did see that, talking about hanging the suites from the ceiling it sounds like? I'm curious as to how that would work, I wouldn't think the ceiling or walls could support it without major reconstruction. But it sounds like they have some sort of plan, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I did see that, talking about hanging the suites from the ceiling it sounds like? I'm curious as to how that would work, I wouldn't think the ceiling or walls could support it without major reconstruction. But it sounds like they have some sort of plan, so that's good.
    glass floors of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

More supports. Just like the supports in the corner but they'll be at 20 yard and 50 yard lines.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    glass floors of course.
    I once went on a cruise down a river in a glass bottom boat.......

Has anyone looked at the demographics of a typical Bison home game? Age, income, distance traveled to game, average dollars spent per trip (both at the game and during the entirety of the trip)? This was my 3rd game this year and we have stayed in a different hotel each time. Each hotel has been packed with NDSU fans and it just made me wonder the economic impact on the metro of an NDSU home game. In past years we've stayed at a friends house so I never really got a sense for how many people were traveling and staying at hotels. If we had solid numbers maybe the city would be more motivated to look at adding 1,000 or 2,000 seats if it's going to bring the metro in an extra couple million dollars a year? Just a thought.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Has anyone looked at the demographics of a typical Bison home game? Age, income, distance traveled to game, average dollars spent per trip (both at the game and during the entirety of the trip)? This was my 3rd game this year and we have stayed in a different hotel each time. Each hotel has been packed with NDSU fans and it just made me wonder the economic impact on the metro of an NDSU home game. In past years we've stayed at a friends house so I never really got a sense for how many people were traveling and staying at hotels. If we had solid numbers maybe the city would be more motivated to look at adding 1,000 or 2,000 seats if it's going to bring the metro in an extra couple million dollars a year? Just a thought.
    Good thought. That info/data would be both interesting and helpful when NDSU is attempting to work with Fargo on issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

And it's a good thought. Might not be enough by itself to sway public opinion but can't hurt.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I have wondered why data like this has never been brought forward. Most Chamber of Commerce can tell you what the financial impact is for certain events that they help bring to town. Plus you always see those numbers when new stadiums, water parks, etc etc etc are being proposed so they can show the community the benefits of those projects.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."