Page 101 of 355 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

But Rob never talked about moving the supports and filling in the corners. That's the obvious solution, somebody needs to ask him about that.

I'm just glad to hear there is a possibility of some expansion, even if it is just 1500 seats or so. I tried getting tickets Aug 1 and the Friday before Southern Illinois with no luck. It's frustrating, every bit will help. I'd like to see more bathrooms and concessions at the same time. I wonder if the Metrodome troughs are still available?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not much to talk about until they come up with plans. Sounds like we have to wait and see if they are going to do the stupid downtown convention center or an addition to the dome. If it's a dome addition, it would likely be included in the job.

I couldn't be more excited that they are actually talking about the added seats. That means they are serious. But until we see some detailed plans it's the same speculation weve always had...with some added girth coming from a legit source in Rob Sobalik... and not just a few Bisonville posters
    So you are saying the NDSU sources werent legit?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Never say never on a new indoor stadium. Would it be easy? Heck no. Would probably take a decade plus but someday with the right leadership and a good plan, we can get a new indoor stadium. In the meantime well need to do these little upgrades and hover around 20k. Sucks but it is what it is
    I don't see a new indoor stadium unless NDSU goes it alone or the Fargodome is at the end of its useful life. The city has no use for a larger stadium, in fact the Fargodome may be too big as it is considering there just aren't many big acts anymore. They'd be better off with something in the 10-15K range I would think to better serve the smaller acts on tour today. Their only incentive would be keeping NDSU as a tenant. Considering anything they build new at that size would probably lose money anyway, even that may not be enough. Does anybody even know what the terms of the lease are? I can't imagine NDSU has a simple out unless the Dome Authority was completely incompetent.

And can NDSU go it alone or would the state help? Not likely without a move up, and I don't think that's a good move right now. Maybe in 5 years, but not now. We're stuck, but even so, it's still "stuck" in one of the best FCS venues.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Maybe we should each chip in a buck for lottery tickets each week to build a stadium. We could have things in it named after us.
    Brick Campaign
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I don't see a new indoor stadium unless NDSU goes it alone or the Fargodome is at the end of its useful life. The city has no use for a larger stadium, in fact the Fargodome may be too big as it is considering there just aren't many big acts anymore. They'd be better off with something in the 10-15K range I would think to better serve the smaller acts on tour today. Their only incentive would be keeping NDSU as a tenant. Considering anything they build new at that size would probably lose money anyway, even that may not be enough. Does anybody even know what the terms of the lease are? I can't imagine NDSU has a simple out unless the Dome Authority was completely incompetent.

And can NDSU go it alone or would the state help? Not likely without a move up, and I don't think that's a good move right now. Maybe in 5 years, but not now. We're stuck, but even so, it's still "stuck" in one of the best FCS venues.
    I always heard that NDSU owns the land the FD is built on

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So you are saying the NDSU sources werent legit?????
    Once again I was not aware of ndsu souces. I obviously need to make more TM meetings

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I always heard that NDSU owns the land the FD is built on
    NDSU is both the landlord and a tenant.

NDSU owns the land. The City of Fargo has a 99-year ground lease that they paid $300,000 for up front plus $1 a year. When it expires NDSU owns whatever improvements The City of Fargo made to the property.

In addition to leasing the facility for I think 40 days a year, I believe that NDSU also leases the office space and whatnot that they utilize inside the FargoDome. I don't know what the terms are. I vaguely remember 5-year lease agreements from way back in the day but I think that was before the locker rooms and offices were relocated into the FargoDome. That was a significant investment by NDSU so I'd speculate that the agreement is longer now. No idea on rates.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Once again I was not aware of ndsu souces. I obviously need to make more TM meetings
    Or make more phone calls?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    NDSU is both the landlord and a tenant.

NDSU owns the land. The City of Fargo has a 99-year ground lease that they paid $300,000 for up front plus $1 a year. When it expires NDSU owns whatever improvements The City of Fargo made to the property.

In addition to leasing the facility for I think 40 days a year, I believe that NDSU also leases the office space and whatnot that they utilize inside the FargoDome. I don't know what the terms are. I vaguely remember 5-year lease agreements from way back in the day but I think that was before the locker rooms and offices were relocated into the FargoDome. That was a significant investment by NDSU so I'd speculate that the agreement is longer now. No idea on rates.
    So that would probably prevent NDSU from building another stadium adjacent to the Fargodome in today's parking lots, which is how I always kinda figured they could do it. And it may mean NDSU is stuck with the bill to demolish the Fargodome, which I can't imagine will last 80 years.

5 year renewals sound generous. I never really thought about everything surrounding it before, but now that it is too small for NDSU it really doesn't appear to have been very well thought out for this scenario. It's not the rental fees that concern me, it would be any penalties for opting out and the waste of campus space for the next 80 years.

I don't know if the size is going to be the biggest issue. It's not ideal, but we can probably live with 20-21K for FCS or whatever "second division" comes along. What may really hurt NDSU is the lack of suite and club seat income. It's my understanding that the Fargodome pockets most of the suite money. From what Rob said it sounds like they may put club/party areas in the corners, NDSU needs its fair share of those proceeds. They also need suite lease income. If they can get lease income from the existing suites it may be enough, even if they aren't ideal layouts.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    So that would probably prevent NDSU from building another stadium adjacent to the Fargodome in today's parking lots, which is how I always kinda figured they could do it. And it may mean NDSU is stuck with the bill to demolish the Fargodome, which I can't imagine will last 80 years.

5 year renewals sound generous. I never really thought about everything surrounding it before, but now that it is too small for NDSU it really doesn't appear to have been very well thought out for this scenario. It's not the rental fees that concern me, it would be any penalties for opting out and the waste of campus space for the next 80 years.

I don't know if the size is going to be the biggest issue. It's not ideal, but we can probably live with 20-21K for FCS or whatever "second division" comes along. What may really hurt NDSU is the lack of suite and club seat income. It's my understanding that the Fargodome pockets most of the suite money. From what Rob said it sounds like they may put club/party areas in the corners, NDSU needs its fair share of those proceeds. They also need suite lease income. If they can get lease income from the existing suites it may be enough, even if they aren't ideal layouts.
    One of the things they're talking about is replacing the existing suites with regular seating and building a new suite and press area on the west side. That may be an opportunity for NDSU to get a piece of the suite action as part of deal where NDSU would be kicking in money up front to fund the improvements.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie