Page 100 of 355 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Perhaps they could lessen the steepness of the bleachers and bring it back deeper but who knows if that would gain much for seating. Those bleachers aren't concrete so maybe it's possible? With limited options all ideas should be explored. I think the sky bar was going to hold 500 to 1000 anyway

The lower 2/3 (roughly) of the south end zone is indeed not concrete as those seats are movable. The upper 1/3 is indeed concrete just like the rest of the stadium.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

It is the biggest issue for the future..... and there is really no answer. It is not feasible to add another 8000 to 10000 seats to the Fargodome and it is not realistic to put up another 30,000 seat indoor stadium. It is just not going to happen. And..... That stops any move to FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    It is the biggest issue for the future..... and there is really no answer. It is not feasible to add another 8000 to 10000 seats to the Fargodome and it is not realistic to put up another 30,000 seat indoor stadium. It is just not going to happen. And..... That stops any move to FBS.
    I agree with most of the post, just not the last sentence. If the P5 split off, I don't think the stadium size will be an issue and we could move up to what would be left of FBS. Or maybe it's just combined with FCS. Either way, I would consider that a move up because we'd be in the same division as the MAC, MW, etc. If you meant strictly moving to FBS as it is now, I agree completely. That's just not going to happen for the numerous reasons that have been stated.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I have not been following the discussion here very closely, but it would seem like the the dome could add seats by . . .

1) Removing the current press box and adding seats in its place. 200 seats
    2) Installing a new state of the art press box & Club seating system on both the East & West Sides of the dome at a level above the top row of seating. A elevator system on both ends of the East and West sides (4 total) could be installed for press Box & Club Seat Access. This Club area would overhang the top level seats. It would this could create 1200 seats if spanned the entire E & W sides of the stands.
    3) Installing new seating systems in the corners to add 150 seats per corner.
    4) Consider adding seating at the roof level (similar to the press box/Club area) on the N & S ends of the doome. (400 seats)
    5) keep some standing room seating and Handi seating on the corners at the lever level.

Total 2400 seats, and new state of the art press boxes and Club seating at a premium cost. Total Seating of 21,400 or more could be achieved. Significant revenue could be generated from the new premium seating.
    This sounds like a great plan. Let's do it.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Never say never on a new indoor stadium. Would it be easy? Heck no. Would probably take a decade plus but someday with the right leadership and a good plan, we can get a new indoor stadium. In the meantime well need to do these little upgrades and hover around 20k. Sucks but it is what it is

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    The lower 2/3 (roughly) of the south end zone is indeed not concrete as those seats are movable. The upper 1/3 is indeed concrete just like the rest of the stadium.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I agree with most of the post, just not the last sentence. If the P5 split off, I don't think the stadium size will be an issue and we could move up to what would be left of FBS. Or maybe it's just combined with FCS. Either way, I would consider that a move up because we'd be in the same division as the MAC, MW, etc. If you meant strictly moving to FBS as it is now, I agree completely. That's just not going to happen for the numerous reasons that have been stated.
    No doubt this is where we will be at. Even Gene Taylor mentioned the need for NDSU to be positioned to always be at the 2nd level of football. Adding the 1500 seats at the Dome will be the best it gets for today.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Never say never on a new indoor stadium. Would it be easy? Heck no. Would probably take a decade plus but someday with the right leadership and a good plan, we can get a new indoor stadium. In the meantime well need to do these little upgrades and hover around 20k. Sucks but it is what it is
    Gabe---YOU COULD BE THAT GUY---You could be a CONTENDER!!!!! Get on it!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Gabe---YOU COULD BE THAT GUY---You could be a CONTENDER!!!!! Get on it!!!!!
    Maybe we should each chip in a buck for lottery tickets each week to build a stadium. We could have things in it named after us.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

80/20 raffle. 20% given to the winner that is drawn after the playoffs and championship game. Collect money from August to 15 Jan. A large pot of money even at 20%. This is just one way to raise more $$. More ways will be needed.