Page 10 of 355 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Some of you would not believe the lengths the anti-tailgate freaks go to monitor the tailgate lot for violations. I though it was bad enough that there are so many security on patrol that one is within eyesight at all times. But this other piece of information that I cannot share really troubles me (much more than sobriety checkpoints). The tailgate lot and Fargodome are more like a prison yard or high school lock in, than it is adults enjoying a college game. Just shows me how much the do goods and control freaks like to have power over the people.
    I'll take a guess and say that there is video monitoring...You don't have to answer, but I wouldn't be shocked if that were the case.

It's really sad, actually. Next thing you know if they will have breathalyzers at the doors to get in the Dome.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Some of you would not believe the lengths the anti-tailgate freaks go to monitor the tailgate lot for violations. I though it was bad enough that there are so many security on patrol that one is within eyesight at all times. But this other piece of information that I cannot share really troubles me (much more than sobriety checkpoints). The tailgate lot and Fargodome are more like a prison yard or high school lock in, than it is adults enjoying a college game. Just shows me how much the do goods and control freaks like to have power over the people.
    Are you talking about the security cameras? Those have been around for a long time, however it is laughable that they can't seem to use them to track down theft that occurs during the games.

On a another note, was it 1994 when the spectrum published a front page article about the cops not caring about underage drinking at NDSU? It was right after that when the atmosphere changed considerably at SU. Talk about poking the bear with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    Are you talking about the security cameras? Those have been around for a long time, however it is laughable that they can't seem to use them to track down theft that occurs during the games.

On a another note, was it 1994 when the spectrum published a front page article about the cops not caring about underage drinking at NDSU? It was right after that when the atmosphere changed considerably at SU. Talk about poking the bear with a stick.
    Wow, talk about your all-time backfires. I wonder if we'll look back in 20 years at Aces post. "Remember, I think it was back in 2011, when that guy posted something about having to take a breathalyzer before getting into the Fargodome? Talk about poking the bear with a stick."
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Wow, talk about your all-time backfires. I wonder if we'll look back in 20 years at Aces post. "Remember, I think it was back in 2011, when that guy posted something about having to take a breathalyzer before getting into the Fargodome? Talk about poking the bear with a stick."
    I sure hope the Bison are out of the Fargodome in 20 years!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I sure hope the Bison are out of the Fargodome in 20 years!
    In 20 years I'm sure the political correctness will be so overwhelming that we won't even be called the Bison any more. We'll just be called The North Dakota State Football Team. Go Team! That's if they don't ban football by then.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I'll take a guess and say that there is video monitoring...You don't have to answer, but I wouldn't be shocked if that were the case.

It's really sad, actually. Next thing you know if they will have breathalyzers at the doors to get in the Dome.
    Can't say, but if I was a Fargo resident I would demand to know what kind of things are being done. Seems outrageous to the point where I am sick of constantly feeling watched in the tailgate lot.

Can't say, but if I was a Fargo resident I would demand to know what kind of things are being done. Seems outrageous to the point where I am sick of constantly feeling watched in the tailgate lot.
    Why can't you say? Are you sworn to secrecy? Is someone on Double Secret Probation? Will you have to be part of the Witness Relocation Program if you mention it? Will TAB get his pee-pee smacked if you enlighten us?

C'mon man, tell! Seriously, if you know something that would add fuel to the "Pro-Tailgating, Anti-Dome Nazi" crowd, then this is the perfect place to let it be known. If the city or Dome is doing something borderline legal or unethical, then we should know!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I've also heard they have plenty of plain-clothes officers patrolling the lots as well looking for evil-doers.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    I've also heard they have plenty of plain-clothes officers patrolling the lots as well looking for evil-doers.
    That's pretty normal for any large event, heck even most retail stores in the country employ plain clothed loss prevention personnel to catch people, it's the same premise.

But yeah, I'm curious as to why they who shall not be named are such a big secret. Maybe it their identities were known we could combat all of this crap at the tailgate lot!
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

The lighting project in the dome has to be nearing completion. Anyone been in there to see what the difference is? If its not done yet they have less than 5 weeks to get it done as first game is Sept 3. Not to mention they will have to work around an occasional Bison football practice in there and the Fan day on August 16. Any progress report?