Page 286 of 355 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

NDSU wouldn't be giving up any more land for any of these ideas. I think the city signed a 99 year land lease with NDSU back in the 80s for the existing grounds.

533 In a row

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

they should build a hotel with a water slide on the side of the fargodome.

Dam I'm glad the Carson Wentz thread is back!

Lardsin must go!

These ideas linking the SHAC and Dome along with the proposed IPF would make the entire NDSU sports complex pretty GD impressive.

There is going to have to be some skyway or elevated walkway, otherwise you cut off yet another key route to getting out/away from Fargodome.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    they should build a hotel with a water slide on the side of the fargodome.

Dam I'm glad the Carson Wentz thread is back!
    I'm actually kind of surprised a private company hasn't built something like that. A massive waterpark would be huge here.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    These ideas linking the SHAC and Dome along with the proposed IPF would make the entire NDSU sports complex pretty GD impressive.
    It would have to be one of the biggest collections of multi use / linked sports facilities around. Big time feel. Then throw in the Indoor Football Practice field and wow!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    There is going to have to be some skyway or elevated walkway, otherwise you cut off yet another key route to getting out/away from Fargodome.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Just make sure it's tall enough for the thousands of giant tailgating rigs. I can just visualize a tricked out tailgating rig ripping it's top off.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I get that but it further locks us into the dome. How are we supposed to grow football without a serious dome expansion or completely new building?
    Last edited by AKBison; 06-16-2018 at 03:24 PM. Reason: In response to Roads comments about the 99 year lease...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I get that but it further locks us into the dome. How are we supposed to grow football without a serious dome expansion or completely new building?
    Because we dont have half a billion to expand the dome significantly or rebuild and even if we did, we wouldn't have a home stadium for a year or 2.

I've posted this before, but the reality is our peers are the G5 Conferences, not Power 5. If you look at the average G5 attendance, we are probably only 2-3k away from what we need for capacity. We dont need and cant afford a 35k seat stadium unless we want to watch games in sub zero weather.

2017 G5 Attendance Averages
    American - 28,669
    Mountain West - 24,963
    Conference USA - 19,248
    Sunbelt- 17,843
    MAC - 15,390

My fear is if they widen the concourse on the west, they fuck up and dont allow for any slight expansion for seats up top in the form of club seating. We need a few thousand more seats and that is part of a realistic plan. We will never be able to add huge numbers but getting to 20k with premium club seating is important

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Because we dont have half a billion to expand the dome significantly or rebuild and even if we did, we wouldn't have a home stadium for a year or 2.

I've posted this before, but the reality is our peers are the G5 Conferences, not Power 5. If you look at the average G5 attendance, we are probably only 2-3k away from what we need for capacity. We dont need and cant afford a 35k seat stadium unless we want to watch games in sub zero weather.

American - 28,669
    Mountain West - 24,963
    Conference USA - 19,248
    Sunbelt- 17,843
    MAC - 15,390

My fear is if they widen the concourse on the west, they fuck up and dont allow for any slight expansion for seats up top in the form of club seating. We need a few thousand more seats and that is part of a realistic plan. We will never be able to add huge numbers but getting to 20k with premium club seating is important
    just when I about forgot about the G5 attendance figures, thanks for the monthly refresh...….

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

American - 28,669
    Mountain West - 24,963
    Conference USA - 19,248
    Sunbelt- 17,843
    MAC - 15,390

Your forgetting why MAC, CUSA, MWC, etc have stadiums that are 25-30k and larger. The only way they can occasionally host P5 and larger G5 schools is by having a stadium big enough to accommodate the larger crowds that are expected when playing those schools, otherwise they won't come. We need a plan as to what Bison football looks like in 5 years, 10 years, 25 years etc. The current Dome is not going to get us there, a dome that seats 25k-30k would.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Your forgetting why MAC, CUSA, MWC, etc have stadiums that are 25-30k and larger. The only way they can occasionally host P5 and larger G5 schools is by having a stadium big enough to accommodate the larger crowds that are expected when playing those schools, otherwise they won't come. We need a plan as to what Bison football looks like in 5 years, 10 years, 25 years etc. The current Dome is not going to get us there, a dome that seats 25k-30k would.
    Let's put it this way, fundraising is just beginning for an IPF. So no money for a new stadium is going to come from NDSU any time soon. So since NDSU isn't going to foot the bill, you're going to ask the city to do it to accommodate something that takes place 7-11 times per year? That's a pretty tough sell. What the Fargodome will do is what's best for the Fargodome. They will do what they can with the money they have to accommodate NSDU the best they can, but they're not going to build the place just for NDSU. And what does NDSU football look like to you in 5, 10, 25 years? Are we still FCS? If we are, than think of the Fargodome as Cameron Indoor Stadium. Small venue, great atmosphere, high demand for tickets. Or do you see NDSU going FBS? What conference? Doesn't really matter though because a new stadium would need to be built. NDSU isn't forcing themselves into anything deeper by the Fargodome expanding with more conference space and attaching to the SHAC. It actually increases incoming money for NDSU by utilizing the SHAC for conferences and other large events. NDSU isn't going anywhere though so this is all just hot air offseason talk. And for what you can expand the dome for to get it up to 25k-30k, you could get close to building a new stadium. So that's not happening.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.