Page 349 of 355 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    That is true if you lose massively. If you break even or have a slight loss, it's fine.
    And in the case of NDSU it wouldn't be that. you get your money instantly...it's not like Katy Perry plays the fargodome and they don't get the ticket sales revenue for 40 days....or people buy beer, and the company they use for point of sale doesn't pay them for a month. Or someone buys a ticket to a game but doesn't have to pay you for a month....It's instant.

But yes, if you are a company that bills the customers and have a net 30 payment, then you can absolutely get crushed. Especially when they don't pay on time or at all. That wouldn't be how it works with NDSU owning their own stadium.
    Again, 99.9% of colleges own their stadium. I'm not sure why people are acting like I'm nuts for suggesting it would be better to own ours and we'd get more revenue stream...baffling to say the least.
    As much as people bitch about the Fargodome being slow to do upgrades and what not, it's kinda weird...but this is Bisonville.
    Did you see that Bed Bath and Beyond's CFO just jumped out a window? Cash flow without profit eventually catches up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Did you see that Bed Bath and Beyond's CFO just jumped out a window? Cash flow without profit eventually catches up with you.
    Lol. You should have been in on “Q”…

Vickys secret/bed bath dude. Les Wexner. ONLY client of one JEFFREY EPSTEIN…

Creeps get up that high bro. Some of that shit ain’t bs…

Cash flow without profit eventually catches up?

Well, I guess the federal reserve is safe…. But eventually…. The math runs out.

Lol.

It’s a pretty simple math/logic function.

You Linux guys probably wouldn’t understand. [emoji6]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    That is true if you lose massively. If you break even or have a slight loss, it's fine.
    And in the case of NDSU it wouldn't be that. you get your money instantly...it's not like Katy Perry plays the fargodome and they don't get the ticket sales revenue for 40 days....or people buy beer, and the company they use for point of sale doesn't pay them for a month. Or someone buys a ticket to a game but doesn't have to pay you for a month....It's instant.

But yes, if you are a company that bills the customers and have a net 30 payment, then you can absolutely get crushed. Especially when they don't pay on time or at all. That wouldn't be how it works with NDSU owning their own stadium.
    Again, 99.9% of colleges own their stadium. I'm not sure why people are acting like I'm nuts for suggesting it would be better to own ours and we'd get more revenue stream...baffling to say the least.
    As much as people bitch about the Fargodome being slow to do upgrades and what not, it's kinda weird...but this is Bisonville.
    The Fargodome gets 0 money from Katy Perry ticket sales. All they get is rent, parking revenue and food and beverage sales minus expenses like labor. They cant charge too much for rent or they will go to a different city

In rare events, they will co promote the show with the promoter. That means they give the promoter free rent and share the profits but also risks a loss. Even more rarely, they will pay a guarantee to get the show here, but if sales tank, they could lose money.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Had nothing to do with the fact he was under investigation for a "pump and dump" scheme I suppose.
    He's dead, and Bed Bath and Beyond is still a company.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    I have no info, but I'm confident they will bond the hotel tax increase and sell some naming rights

The dome concourse will probably be separate and be funded by the dome surplus in phases except for thr SE and SW corners since it's connected. I really hope we don't blow the opportunity for a west side expansion that will add club seating. That's where big donor money can be raised to take NDSU and the dome to the next level. Suites are so damn important

The city needs the convention center but NDSU needs the west side addition, concourses and more restroom facilities. Although NDSU could profit by connecting a convention center to the SHAC for an uber huge event

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Seems like the improvements are just in time to no longer be needed, for football anyway. I can't imagine attendance numbers next year....ouch.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe the solution is to take out the northside press box for typical seating and take out a lot of seating along one or both of the sidelines and build real suites.