Page 64 of 355 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well, lets see some action. wheres the meetings? wheres the consulting? wheres the paperwork?

show us the effort.
    Go to a city council meeting and tell them about it. They will put you on the agenda if you call the auditor. They want to hear from Fargo taxpayers. Oh wait....
    Never mind.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

well, lets see some action. wheres the meetings? wheres the consulting? wheres the paperwork?

show us the effort.
    Something about you and other people's money.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

We need to sign the paperwork to schedule a meeting with a consultant to see if it's worth our time to hire another consultant to look into that.

show us the effort.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We need to sign the paperwork to schedule a meeting with a consultant to see if it's worth our time to hire another consultant to look into that.
    I'll run this by the committee
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I'll run this by the committee
    Who's buying turf burgers?

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not only for ndsu, but the dome. Makes the concert experience way better. Take the old boards and move them outdoors. They could be used for rib fest, tailgating, and advertising. Lots of people outside for the marathon too.
    Or mount them on the other side of the corner supports so the new people sitting in the new corner seating can see the game too.....
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

show us the effort.

Some of this is called common sense.

For example you cut out one of the four corner supports in the dome, what happens?

Look at how the Fargodome roof is supported, pretty obvious as it is all exposed no? Look at the shape of the roof and slopes. Then say ok where does expanded seating go? What do we have to remove to get that? Any in place roof has to be supported and has to be sloped for drainage (flat roofs are technically not flat). Any facilities construction guy is going to have a good idea what is needed. The only half reasonable idea is the seats in the corner if they can somehow get around fire codes and not create more of a bottleneck than there already is in the corner... Then we can have all the things you are asking for.

show us the effort.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Some of this is called common sense.

For example you cut out one of the four corner supports in the dome, what happens?

Look at how the Fargodome roof is supported, pretty obvious as it is all exposed no? Look at the shape of the roof and slopes. Then say ok where does expanded seating go? What do we have to remove to get that? Any in place roof has to be supported and has to be sloped for drainage (flat roofs are technically not flat). Any facilities construction guy is going to have a good idea what is needed. The only half reasonable idea is the seats in the corner if they can somehow get around fire codes and not create more of a bottleneck than there already is in the corner... Then we can have all the things you are asking for.
    HerdBot can explain the engineering and physics. I'll reserve judgement on your fancy science until he weighs in.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    HerdBot can explain the engineering and physics. I'll reserve judgement on your fancy science until he weighs in.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be comfortable removing one of the support columns. It's a little out of my comfort zone.

I've always thought we could do something like this. Compare the 2 pics. There has to be a way to add seats not behind the columns like this. 2 sections. What 800 to 1000 in each corner? Most if none would not be obstructed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com