Page 209 of 355 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Just a few comments about the new video boards. The clarity is much better but for $7 million I was disappointed and here is why. The score is too small and white numbers on a grayish/white background made them hard to see. Below the score is the down and yards to go are too small and same color reasoning. IMO the old boards that had the passing, rushing yards should be reinstalled. In place of the passing and rushing yards on the new boards, have the score, down etc.

I think if they used more of the 4 corner boards for the scoreboard info, tad bit less ad and color scheme change wouldn't be unwarranted. I didn't have a lot of trouble with it. But can see others might especially towards the fifty if your eyesight is borderline in needing glasses. I had a hard time with the adjusting to the corner for time score etc. The large video on the big board is nice when they're on the opposite ends of the field. Refs are going to hate coming to fargodome now. Camerapeople will need to get better on capturing the full view so we get better without a doubt views to boo the refs!

The first game so I'm sure they have some kinks to work out! They did put the yards stats up on the big boards. Key here is that they still have a lot of room to grow as they get more experience. The great clips play of the half snafu was about the worst I saw. Couple other short lived glitches...

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Just a few comments about the new video boards. The clarity is much better but for $7 million I was disappointed and here is why. The score is too small and white numbers on a grayish/white background made them hard to see. Below the score is the down and yards to go are too small and same color reasoning. IMO the old boards that had the passing, rushing yards should be reinstalled. In place of the passing and rushing yards on the new boards, have the score, down etc.
    I'm sure the graphics will be tweaked weekly for the first few weeks of the season until they get it nailed down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They removed the men's bathroom in the NW corner of the dome behind the concession stand and I almost pissed myself standing in line....walked over there to whizz and I see a closed door where the bathrooms used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    They removed the men's bathroom in the NW corner of the dome behind the concession stand and I almost pissed myself standing in line....walked over there to whizz and I see a closed door where the bathrooms used to be.
    Now that is a big problem.

These things would be so bad ass without the stats/ads. the MAKE NOISE, TD, player videos after big plays were in full screen If they used the entire screen for game video, it would be infinitely times better.

Video boards were amazing. Actually able see something on them. Content will get better (I hope).
    Allow me some thread drift. Kvly pre game show was terrible . Get out of the suits and wear some NDSU clothes. You had months to get a story on the opponent and best you had was their play by play guy! Come on man. I do like the player stories. Breakdown more plays.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Boards looked great on TV and ESPN did a good job of showcasing them. However they do seem to hang down quite a bit lower than the old ones, and the Gate City signs hanging on the bottom got in the way during field goals...there was a gray bar at the top of the screen when they followed the kicks up. They need to raise them up or change the camera positions.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    These things would be so bad ass without the stats/ads. the MAKE NOISE, TD, player videos after big plays were in full screen If they used the entire screen for game video, it would be infinitely times better.
    I agree. Ten char

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Unfortunately the Ads aren't going anywhere. If anything they will try to add more

Sent using a Speak n Spell and an Etch a Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    Unfortunately the Ads aren't going anywhere. If anything they will try to add more
    Reinstall the old boards on the sidelines for the stats. Then they can advertise away.