Page 289 of 355 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Is this really still a thing? People thinking that they can’t get tickets to something? You can always get a ticket, you just have to be willing to pay.
    This is really a thing. If you don't know to get tickets on August 1st (6am this year!) you feel like you "can't" get tickets. One of my friend's family feels this way so they don't ever make the trip to a game anyone like they used to before the championships.
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Thanks for the red chiclet Lakes. When you have anything to actually dispute what I said, other than claiming NDSU can raise $100 million with just four donations, let us know.

True, but I think it's a pretty safe bet. The city has no use for a larger stadium. And unlike the 80's I believe a supermajority is required by the commission and public vote for it to go through. I mean it's not like the Fargodome is out of date, it's still a great facility. That's a very difficult sell in any city.

I also believe it has been talked about, and is why the Fargdome is proceeding with further expansion and upgrades.

I would like a larger stadium as much as anybody. I'm just being realistic.

well im not allowed to post to have a conversation with anyone. wasn't hating. just saying instead of raising $37 mil for a pole barn... goto $100 mill and grab 4 corporations for the other $100 mil and lets build the dam thing ourselves and KEEP ALL THE MONEY!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Is this really still a thing? People thinking that they can’t get tickets to something? You can always get a ticket, you just have to be willing to pay.
    It is very hard to explain, Audit, but Trumpster is right. I've had many who can't believe how many games I get to without season tickets thinking I am some kind of Houdini; many friends/family come to me to track down last minute tickets, too.....wonder if NDSU officially endorsed a secondary ticket market system if this would improve?

And let's be honest, when it comes to Bison football you can almost always find tickets at or very near face value. The majority of people only think about buying from the source for whatever event they are going to. Everything else in their minds is scalping and that means it's bad.

But again, tickets for Bison football can be had for any game you wish and I would say more than 75% of the time you will pay no more than the original owner.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    It is very hard to explain, Audit, but Trumpster is right. I've had many who can't believe how many games I get to without season tickets thinking I am some kind of Houdini; many friends/family come to me to track down last minute tickets, too.....wonder if NDSU officially endorsed a secondary ticket market system if this would improve?
    Unfortunately they sort of have and it's terrible. The alumni association site and exchange feels like it was built in 2002 and then there is the Facebook page with random postings and complete disorganization.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Unfortunately they sort of have and it's terrible. The alumni association site and exchange feels like it was built in 2002 and then there is the Facebook page with random postings and complete disorganization.
    I find that odd, too. It is not a credible exchange and NDSU should be looking to get a cut of resales just like MLB, NFL, NCAA, etc..... You'd think they could cut a deal with someone to do that, but I suppose they are too small? (thinking stubhub, flash seats, ticketmaster, etc)

As it stands, always surprised there aren't more "I need tickets" signs by or in the tailgating lot. There is money to be made by some enterprising folks.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I find that odd, too. It is not a credible exchange and NDSU should be looking to get a cut of resales just like MLB, NFL, NCAA, etc..... You'd think they could cut a deal with someone to do that, but I suppose they are too small? (thinking stubhub, flash seats, ticketmaster, etc)

As it stands, always surprised there aren't more "I need tickets" signs by or in the tailgating lot. There is money to be made by some enterprising folks.
    You mean like someone trying to profit from tailgating spots? Just wondering....
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    You mean like someone trying to profit from tailgating spots? Just wondering....
    Bingo.......you've got this figured out.

personally I think that is gross, but congrats. Glad you feel good about it.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    personally I think that is gross, but congrats. Glad you feel good about it.
    Thank you, I do indeed feel great about it. In fact, I wish everyone would sell unused reserved passes to help out those without a spot.