Page 284 of 355 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I find it odd that they are quoted as saying they want to add seats and the addition is to the south where the previous concept had a club overlooking the field. I would kind of chuckle if they built it and you couldn't see. Brilliant foresight
    The addition to the south would be for convention space. None of that will have views of the field.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The addition to the south would be for convention space. None of that will have views of the field.
    Did I miss a rendering or an interview or did you hear that from someone. You seem to be in the know so I believe you.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No, the video boards do not block the view of the field from the top row in the endzones. They to however block the view of the video board in the opposite end, hence the boards on the back side.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally, I am against any additional convention space at the dome. I don't live in Fargo and put NDSU's needs above the city. Any additional space that gets sucked up by the FFD only further hamstrings NDSU in regards to getting the long term football facilities situation fixed. I'm not sure how the lease reads, but would it need to be renogiated before more NDSU land gets permenantly locked up? Long term, it makes zero sense to me for NDSU to try and build a competing facility so we can grow attendance. Do we really want a giant ass Dome on NDSU's property that is only used for conventions and concerts because football built something different? The only answer is to either tear down the Dome and build new or expand it. Both would require a vote and neither would pass so we are stuck right now. However, it is better to do nothing in the next ten years instead of screwing ourselves for the next 50 because we went all in on the Dome.

Did I miss a rendering or an interview or did you hear that from someone. You seem to be in the know so I believe you.
    That was mentioned when the idea-supposed plan came out.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Every year we wait the more expensive it gets to build a replacement

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Every year we wait the more expensive it gets to build a replacement

you got 250 mil laying around?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I was thinking the same thing but it was more a guess. Have you ever sat near the top? Is it obstructed I assume? Curious if they could raise the video board it or if it's at the max height. At a glance it looks like they could, but not the best picture

you left tailgating over an hour early to go snap a picture of the board to see if it obstructs the view of rows II-LL?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    you got 250 mil laying around?
    It will be $300 million+ in 5 years and interest rates are moving up. Just sayin

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    you left tailgating over an hour early to go snap a picture of the board to see if it obstructs the view of rows II-LL?
    No I got that from a google image search. The angle is to show if it can be raised a few feet

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com