Page 275 of 355 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Just for some perspective, Syracuse is spending $118 million on a Carrier Dome renovation. This will get them a new roof, scoreboard, WiFi...and evidently still no air conditioning.

https://cuse.com/news/2018/5/14/gene...xperience.aspx
    http://dailyorange.com/2018/04/poten...f-better-wifi/

Montana's stadium was built when they were I-AA. The Fargodome was built when NDSU was DII. No way in 1990 they could have ever predicted what would happen 20 years later. I remember going to a lot of games when half full was considered good outside of the UND game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Key thing is they were smart enough to have an expandable venue. Regardless if indoor or outdoor things can be done to allow for expandability. The dome is nice but it's biggest flaw is no ability to significantly expand.
    That's pretty much every dome. It is what it is, no stadium is perfect, they all have compromises. But at the end of the day it's still one of the premiere facilities in FCS...and that's not bad considering it was built for DII.

Edit: I see B4L already brought that up.

Here's the rub; is FCS, in general the right comparison for NDSU? Absolutely not, thus folks like SD is going to scoff at that as do I. Only good comparisons for NDSU are premier FCS schools who are flagship universities/land grants or Group of 5 schools who are in that category. By those measures, NDSU has work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Here's the rub; is FCS, in general the right comparison for NDSU? Absolutely not, thus folks like SD is going to scoff at that as do I. Only good comparisons for NDSU are premier FCS schools who are flagship universities/land grants or Group of 5 schools who are in that category. By those measures, NDSU has work to do.
    OK, what "flagship" FCS programs have better stadiums? Not just bigger, but actually better? That list is short...and arguable.

The last thing we need is another FBS thread, so I'm not going there.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    OK, what "flagship" FCS programs have better stadiums? Not just bigger, but actually better? That list is short...and arguable.

The last thing we need is another FBS thread, so I'm not going there.
    Montana and SDSU are about it, not major impressed with Montana St, tje put i big out of place u at one end, but still not the greatest venue, gets high marks just for its view

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Montana and SDSU are about it, not major impressed with Montana St, tje put i big out of place u at one end, but still not the greatest venue, gets high marks just for its view
    SIU is just as good as SDSU.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Is it the same size wise? I dont think so so capacity gives it the nod, and we all know who has the best vack of the scoreboard

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Yeah, see and compared to the Fargodome, SDSU is mostly bleachers, student section can't see the single video board, they don't have concourses/concessions all the way around, etc. What they do have are good suite and club areas and it is expandable. Not that they'll ever need to expand. Is it really a better experience for the average fan? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I've never been there, but it sure doesn't look like it to me.