Page 264 of 355 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    Bringing these back up for reference. The NE and SW corners were done last spring/summer. As far as I can tell, the NW and SE will be done to match those. The two rows of blue chairs below the ADA section get relocated to directly below the red chairs.

bisonp, the ADA platforms you're mentioning are portable, and are set to accommodate specific events. I think the only portable ADA platform for Bison football is the one in the north end zone seating.
    Thanks for digging those up and clarifying that. I still think the new platforms jut out further than they need to though.

Went to the Avenged Sevenfold show last night. The metal detectors were there, but not used. They had hand held wands and others got the traditional pat down.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Went to the Avenged Sevenfold show last night. The metal detectors were there, but not used. They had hand held wands and others got the traditional pat down.
    Strange, I have two friends that went and they said they had to go through the metal detectors. They also said that they funneled everyone through just one on the east side.

Does anyone know do they allow smoking still and have them come back through metal detectors from outside or do they not allow it now?

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You guys do realize the only reason the dome purchased the metal detectors is because many national shows and bands are now requiring facilities to have metal detectors in order to book them. So if the dome still wants to attract these sort of shows, they had to put in the metal detectors.

http://www.inforum.com/news/governme...s-150000-worth

Sobolik said the dome has an obligation to ensure the security of events for the public, employees and entertainers. "Some promoters out there are requiring it for certain concerts or types of events," he said.
    "It's probably one of the unfortunate ways of the world" that the entertainment business now needs "some sort of enhanced detection" for people to go through before entering a venue, he said.
    I bet they have a laundry list of things they would rather spend $150K on but it is what it is...
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    You guys do realize the only reason the dome purchased the metal detectors is because many national shows and bands are now requiring facilities to have metal detectors in order to book them. So if the dome still wants to attract these sort of shows, they had to put in the metal detectors.

http://www.inforum.com/news/governme...s-150000-worth

I bet they have a laundry list of things they would rather spend $150K on but it is what it is...
    its been covered but some still don't understand
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Does anyone know do they allow smoking still and have them come back through metal detectors from outside or do they not allow it now?
    Still have designated smoking areas, don’t think there’s a walkthrough detector there. Possibly get wanded? Not sure on protocol, but yes, you can go out and smoke AFAIK

Thanks I was wondering. I think up north at the Alerus they don't allow them to go smoke outside. I was hoping they would not allow it as you get a SW or NE wind and the smoke rolls right across my eyes and burns.

Thanks I was wondering. I think up north at the Alerus they don't allow them to go smoke outside. I was hoping they would not allow it as you get a SW or NE wind and the smoke rolls right across my eyes and burns.
    I would be pissed if they removed the smoking section. If that burns your eyes you must have ultra sensitive eyes even around a camp fire. I'd end up vaping in the bathroom or smuggling a plastic ecig to get past the nazi metal detectors if I can't bring it in

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

it rolls across your eyes inside the dome?? What a crock of shit

You must not like the fireworks during the intro or TD's either then?