Page 265 of 308 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3071

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Here's a few more pics:

BTW, I meant decks, not docks. Getting a little drunk-tired after the drive from Colorado Springs and the two-day set-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know if it helps, but here are the NW and SE corners respectively for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bringing these back up for reference. The NE and SW corners were done last spring/summer. As far as I can tell, the NW and SE will be done to match those. The two rows of blue chairs below the ADA section get relocated to directly below the red chairs.

bisonp, the ADA platforms you're mentioning are portable, and are set to accommodate specific events. I think the only portable ADA platform for Bison football is the one in the north end zone seating.
    Last edited by offroader613; 02-05-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    Bringing these back up for reference. The NW and SE corners were done last spring/summer. As far as I can tell, the NE and SW will be done to match those. The two rows of blue chairs below the ADA section get relocated to directly below the red chairs.

bisonp, the ADA platforms you're mentioning are portable, and are set to accommodate specific events. I think the only portable ADA platform for Bison football is the one in the north end zone seating.
    You have it backwards. Last year, the NE and SW corners were done.
    Hail the BISON!!!

You have it backwards. Last year, the NE and SW corners were done.
    Yep, had them mixed around. Was too worried about putting NE and SE together or something.

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    Bringing these back up for reference. The NE and SW corners were done last spring/summer. As far as I can tell, the NW and SE will be done to match those. The two rows of blue chairs below the ADA section get relocated to directly below the red chairs.

Thanks for digging those up and clarifying that. I still think the new platforms jut out further than they need to though.

Blog Entries

Went to the Avenged Sevenfold show last night. The metal detectors were there, but not used. They had hand held wands and others got the traditional pat down.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Went to the Avenged Sevenfold show last night. The metal detectors were there, but not used. They had hand held wands and others got the traditional pat down.
    Strange, I have two friends that went and they said they had to go through the metal detectors. They also said that they funneled everyone through just one on the east side.

Does anyone know do they allow smoking still and have them come back through metal detectors from outside or do they not allow it now?

You guys do realize the only reason the dome purchased the metal detectors is because many national shows and bands are now requiring facilities to have metal detectors in order to book them. So if the dome still wants to attract these sort of shows, they had to put in the metal detectors.

http://www.inforum.com/news/governme...s-150000-worth

Sobolik said the dome has an obligation to ensure the security of events for the public, employees and entertainers. "Some promoters out there are requiring it for certain concerts or types of events," he said.
    "It's probably one of the unfortunate ways of the world" that the entertainment business now needs "some sort of enhanced detection" for people to go through before entering a venue, he said.
    I bet they have a laundry list of things they would rather spend $150K on but it is what it is...
    North Dakota State Bison | 14 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    You guys do realize the only reason the dome purchased the metal detectors is because many national shows and bands are now requiring facilities to have metal detectors in order to book them. So if the dome still wants to attract these sort of shows, they had to put in the metal detectors.

http://www.inforum.com/news/governme...s-150000-worth

I bet they have a laundry list of things they would rather spend $150K on but it is what it is...
    its been covered but some still don't understand
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Does anyone know do they allow smoking still and have them come back through metal detectors from outside or do they not allow it now?
    Still have designated smoking areas, don’t think there’s a walkthrough detector there. Possibly get wanded? Not sure on protocol, but yes, you can go out and smoke AFAIK