Page 293 of 355 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Yeah idk about that...where are you getting that info?
    Came from the Fargodome on the TV broadcast. Lights are powered by a computer and they had to wait 10 minutes. Had to manually restart and disconnect from the computer. If it was a full power outage, the PA and video boards would have gone out. Even the TVs and lights in the concourse and bathrooms were working

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Came from the Fargodome on the TV broadcast. Lights are powered by a computer and they had to wait 10 minutes. Had to manually restart and disconnect from the computer. If it was a full power outage, the PA and video boards would have gone out. Even the TVs and lights in the concourse and bathrooms were working
    Read the quote reply im asking; Im not saying it wasn't a computer problem. Im asking where Road saw/heard it was Xcel. Because if that was the case, we would have seen a lot more than just those main lights out.

Read the quote reply im asking; Im not saying it wasn't a computer problem. Im asking where Road saw/heard it was Xcel. Because if that was the case, we would have seen a lot more than just those main lights out.
    Whoops replied to the wrong post

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Assuming road is correct, could it be the power coming from Xcel wasn't clean enough for the lighting system? Maybe there were little voltage spikes or parts of the load weren't quite right and it was throwing off the computer's connection with the lights. Those systems sometimes run power and control on the same cable. And they f-up at the worst possible times, it feels like.

Not the same issue, but I was running lighting for a concert when the computer running the lights decided it was time for a Windows Update install and reboot. The school IT guy didn't think to set WU to only install updates in the middle of the night. Fun times.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Assuming road is correct, could it be the power coming from Xcel wasn't clean enough for the lighting system? Maybe there were little voltage spikes or parts of the load weren't quite right and it was throwing off the computer's connection with the lights. Those systems sometimes run power and control on the same cable. And they f-up at the worst possible times, it feels like.

Not the same issue, but I was running lighting for a concert when the computer running the lights decided it was time for a Windows Update install and reboot. The school IT guy didn't think to set WU to only install updates in the middle of the night. Fun times.
    Rob Sobolik himself said it was a computer glitch

Another reason why I use a Mac when controlling video boards.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Another reason why I use a Mac when controlling video boards.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Good choice, but he's no longer with us.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Thank god we are looking at something outside the area. If you would have said Terry Stroh again I would have punched my monitor.
    Agreed. This gives me hope that they may be able to expand it more than they thought. If nothing else, it means there's less chance they will completely F it up like the SHAC.

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Good choice, but he's no longer with us.
    Using that type of Mac would be entertaining, but would ultimately cost me my job.
    Hail the BISON!!!

According to someone watching the game on TV, they said it was a computer error at the Fargodome, and that the lights required 8 minutes before being turned back on.
    Then the rest of the time was workers in the roof area going from light to light to thrown the computer switches until they were able to turn it back on.

eLets just hope its a never happening again..event...