Page 327 of 355 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Unfortunately Pat's right. Maybe with material cost skyrocketing the dynamic has changed. It is definitely hard to believe that a new roof, filled in corners, a 5000 seat west upper deck with suites to match on the East would cost the same as bulldozing and starting fresh. Multiple studies have supposedly shown this though. Would be sweet to partner with dome though and have the FDA cover the seat expansion and new roof with NDSU fundraising for the cost of the east side suites. At least that way we would own them and control the revenue stream. I would gladly pay a $5 surcharge on tickets over the next 20 years to help fund this.
    Last edited by AKBison; 11-09-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Unfortunately Pat's right. Maybe with material cost skyrocketing the dynamic has changed. It is definitely hard to believe that a new roof, filled in corners, a 5000 seat west upper deck with suites to match on the East would cost the same as bulldozing and starting fresh. Multiple studies have supposedly shown this though. Would be sweet to partner with dome though and have the FDA cover the seat expansion and new roof with NDSU fundraising for the cost of the east side suites. At least that way we would own them and control the revenue stream. I would gladly pay a $5 surcharge on tickets over the next 20 years to help fund this.
    Lets see, $5 * 6 games * 20 seasons * 18000 seats = $10.8 million. I guess that’s a start.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Three words: Gravy Fountains.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Three words: Gravy Fountains.
    Now we’re talking’.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Exactly what needs to be done????
    Concourse(expanded with more bathrooms), suites that aren't prehistoric and perhaps club seating, new seats, tech upgrades like wifi....The dome is a relic when it comes to stadium design.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Just start over with a new dome. Demolish North High so it's close to campus since there's probably enough room at South High which had a few additions before Davies was built.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Concourse(expanded with more bathrooms), suites that aren't prehistoric and perhaps club seating, new seats, tech upgrades like wifi....The dome is a relic when it comes to stadium design.
    And this will do what? Whats the ROI?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Lets see, $5 * 6 games * 20 seasons * 18000 seats = $10.8 million. I guess that’s a start.
    Interesting, were not going to expand the fargodome but not add any seats? It's small potatoes either way. However, at least I would feel like I am contributing to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    And this will do what? Whats the ROI?
    Not as much for football but large concerts

I think the biggest issue is the concourse during huge concerts or even a sold out half house where half the bathrooms aren't accessible. You simply can't take a piss without missing a half hour of the show. Concessions run so deep, you have to walk along the wall or through the lines. This discourages people from buying stuff and from going to the dome overall because it's a bad experience. A concert isn't like a football game where you can leave with 30 seconds left in a quarter to beat the rush.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Interesting, were not going to expand the fargodome but not add any seats? It's small potatoes either way. However, at least I would feel like I am contributing to the cause.
    We are. They want to remove the north press box and put seats there. They've discussed corner suites up high too. But they are better at plans than actually doing them

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com