Thread: Plans to tear down Dacotah Field grandstand?

Default Plans to tear down Dacotah Field grandstand?

The headline of the story is BS. It's quite obvious they plan on tearing down the original 70 year old Dacotah Field grandstand to replace it with the cheap Kmart bleachers that are ugly by high school standards, provide no windblock, and just suck. The original Grandstand is historic ans looks great, especially now that they removed the north addition on that doesnt match. How about doing the Kmart bleachers on the north endzone and make it into horseshoe

$2 million renovation will make NDSU's home field more soccer specific

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...occer-specific

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Plans to tear down Dacotah Field grandstand?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The headline of the story is BS. It's quite obvious they plan on tearing down the original 70 year old Dacotah Field grandstand to replace it with the cheap Kmart bleachers that are ugly by high school standards, provide no windblock, and just suck. The original Grandstand is historic ans looks great, especially now that they removed the north addition on that doesnt match. How about doing the Kmart bleachers on the north endzone and make it into horseshoe

$2 million renovation will make NDSU's home field more soccer specific

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...occer-specific
    Yes, I know when I think of Dacotah field I think of the historic north stands. I remember 28 years ago using the locker rooms there when we played. They were shit holes back then. I am sure they are not much better these days...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

I actually think they are going to end up with a nice looking inviting entrance to the stadium when it's all done. Think about how "simple" yet top notch the softball complex is. That is what I think we will see, something similar in quality.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone know if we have an up to date athletic Master Plan? It would have made so much more sense to move the soccer field over to where the t&f facility is. We could have had back to back grandstands that shared a press box, concessions, restrooms, offices, visitor locker rooms etc. Coupled with a grand entrance to the whole facility it could have been an awesome set up. Instead we have high school looking track facility with chain link fence.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Yes, I know when I think of Dacotah field I think of the historic north stands. I remember 28 years ago using the locker rooms there when we played. They were shit holes back then. I am sure they are not much better these days...
    That's storage now but the grandstand is a cool 70 year old brick structure which was the home to 8 national championship teams. Many of the Downtown projects were once shit holes. The cool thing about Dacotah Field is it's not an expensive interior design

But when athletic directors arent from here, they apparently dont respect history

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Does anyone know if we have an up to date athletic Master Plan? It would have made so much more sense to move the soccer field over to where the t&f facility is. We could have had back to back grandstands that shared a press box, concessions, restrooms, offices, visitor locker rooms etc. Coupled with a grand entrance to the whole facility it could have been an awesome set up. Instead we have high school looking track facility with chain link fence.
    Problem with that is there isn't enough room there for a full soccer field. Unless you want to go through the hassle of rerouting a city owned street, removing tons of R lot parking spaces desperately needed for both students and events, and possibly rearranging the FB practice field. Phased buildup in open areas isn't a terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Problem with that is there isn't enough room there for a full soccer field. Unless you want to go through the hassle of rerouting a city owned street, removing tons of R lot parking spaces desperately needed for both students and events, and possibly rearranging the FB practice field. Phased buildup in open areas isn't a terrible thing.
    That area should be an athletics village for the fans, IMO. Good central spot to T&F, Softball and baseball. Could be a cool spot for a fan park for tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I think he meant putting it next to the outdoor T&F facility. The NE corner of 18th St and 15th Ave.

I can't imagine they didn't consider putting it there, so there must be a reason they didn't. Maybe they have different plans for that space, maybe they felt having the pitch closer to the locker rooms and support areas of the SHAC was more important, maybe it was something else. It's easy for us fans to only look at gameday issues and ignore the ordinary day to day needs of the program.