Page 228 of 355 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    First, they came for the Rain Forest, and I did not speak out because I was not a tree....

Really, they want to make it downtown, so make it downtown... just don't use the FargoDome as a piggy bank to fund it because a downtown conference center has nothing to do with the FargoDome.

You are right...everyone knows the dome location makes the most sense, but the powers that be want to see it DT. And yeah, they want to use the FD's profits to pay for it. If it goes DT, there goes all of the $$$$ the FD would use to create a better game day atmosphere..more seats, cool bar etc.

If it goes in the dome, there goes the west lot. I am sure the east lot and SHAC lots will be used tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    "Worst case scenario".........."possibly no new stadium EVER".............."ball and chaining us"...............

This sounds like a whole lotta FEAR! It's so unlike you.

Oh wait. I get it! You are not saying that it is for sure going to happen. You are just making a point about how it COULD happen and how we need to examine and understand all the consequences of something going forward.

Brilliant! This is the first time I've ever seen this communication technique attempted on Bisonville.
    The difference being is that if they do build the CC at the dome there is a 100% chance we lose the west lot and like a 75% chance we don't expand the dome and a large chance we are all and chained to FFD. The UND forcing us to get rid of FCOAs and reducing our coaches salary is like 0.

You're talking about what if the moon crashes into the earth and I'm saying- we will lose the west lot. And there is a large chance we don't do major upgrade to FFD.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The difference being is that if they do build the CC at the dome there is a 100% chance we lose the west lot and like a 75% chance we don't expand the dome and a large chance we are all and chained to FFD. The UND forcing us to get rid of FCOAs and reducing our coaches salary is like 0.

You're talking about what if the moon crashes into the earth and I'm saying- we will lose the west lot. And there is a large chance we don't do major upgrade to FFD.

Oh wait. I get it! You are not saying that it is for sure going to happen. You are just making a point about how it COULD happen and how we need to examine and understand all the consequences of something going forward.

re read the above 10 times then go back and see the Purple......

The worst case scenario is that they build the CC in the west lot and do NO renos/expansions on the dome. This means we're stuck with what we have, basically forever. No improvements, and possibly no new stadium ever.
    We all love the dome for what it is, but it is simply too small for us. We either need to improve what we have, or think bigger in the next 5-10 years. Don't ball and chain us to the Current building with no improvements AND by taking the tailgating lot
    I think it would go on the south end. Every rendering of the basketball arena has shown the south and this would likely be similar size

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Losing the West Lot? Or gaining indoor tailgating with actual bathrooms?

Yeah OK that should probably be purple, but a guy can dream.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think it would go on the south end. Every rendering of the basketball arena has shown the south and this would likely be similar size
    If that's the case, why not just partner with them and build a new arena with added convention space? Theoretically, this would allow the dome to temporarily shut down its current convention space if we ever figure out a way to expand it. There has to be a way to get it to 25k plus.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    If that's the case, why not just partner with them and build a new arena with added convention space? Theoretically, this would allow the dome to temporarily shut down its current convention space if we ever figure out a way to expand it. There has to be a way to get it to 25k plus.
    Do you mean basketball? I don't like the idea of building a basketball arena with the dome. Since the city owns it, they get rent and all the food revenue. Heck they even get to sell advertising which we don't get. Right now we get every penny since we own it. Not only that, we sometimes will have conflicting dates for scheduling. We don't need a larger building either.

Now football hell yeah. If we can't add seating it's a no brainer

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Do you mean basketball? I don't like the idea of building a basketball arena with the dome. Since the city owns it, they get rent and all the food revenue. Heck they even get to sell advertising which we don't get. Right now we get every penny since we own it. Not only that, we sometimes will have conflicting dates for scheduling. We don't need a larger building either.

Who is we???
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stop thinking like a citizen of Fargo. What long term benefit is there for NDSU to permenently give up more land on campus for a convention center? I realize the dome authority already controls the land, but I am sure they would want to amend the lease to protect a new asset.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Stop thinking like a citizen of Fargo. What long term benefit is there for NDSU to permenently give up more land on campus for a convention center? I realize the dome authority already controls the land, but I am sure they would want to amend the lease to protect a new asset.
    Considering NDSU pretty much can't do anything with the land anyways, it's totally irrelevant. The bottom line is the dome needs this to remain competitive. The tax surplus belongs to the dome to taking the money to build a convention center somewhere else is basically legalized theft. This is no different than putting the concourse on the east side of the dome.

I am of the opinion that we should build the convention center on the south end as part of a package that will benefit NDSU. That could mean the convention center to the south with a sky way to the Shac and a bar that overlooks the dome from the south for premium seating. Also Ndsu should get some sort of space the athletic department could use. But I really like the idea of incorporating something like this into the project
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.infor...-million%3Famp

which would add premium big donor seating. Also they need to squeeze every possible seat out of the existing building.

Let's face it we will never add 10k seats to the dome. It is just a pipe dream. Figuring out how to 2-3k seats mostly premium is the realistic option unless we can fund a half billion and shut the dome down for a year