Page 315 of 317 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317 LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3168

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'll be the first sponsor. The Herdbot Sky Bar & Grill. Serving our world famous slow roasted dog assholes

Ahhh you do remember.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Think this was posted on bisonville way back! But here is a Google image of it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=biso...Ra8gaM71Yq3InM

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    "This new "Gondola" seating isn't as fancy as it sounds"

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I want to know why no one on Bisonville every thought of hanging seats from the ceiling before now? How is there not a napkin schematic on how this can be technically achieved?
    Years ago I proposed hanging a bunch of Johnny Jump Ups from the ceiling.*

*the search function on Bisonville sucks ass.

Blog Entries

After looking at how terrible of a job the Fargodome management is doing at booking concerts, I don't think we should give them a penny for upgrades. Why would they suddenly be able to book conventions when they can't even book routable concerts off of Minneapolis?

Check out all the concerts in Sioux Falls. They have more concerts in 2019 than we've had in probably 3 years. I'm starting to question the Fargodome by getting rid of that national management company because they could actually book some real shows.

Whatever we are doing, it's not at all competitive with Sioux Falls. Heck, Grand Forks gets as many or more shows than we do. Someone needs to get fired.

Plus Sioux Falls can fit in an entire USHL hockey season, Sioux Falls Storm, and the Summit League Tournament into the schedule as well

So far I've had to drive to other cities for The Foo Fighters and Metallica because the Fargodome sucks at booking.

DENNY SANFORD 2019 shows (so far)
    Jeff Dunham - Dec 28
    Sesame Street Live Jan 3
    Bob Seger - Jan 26
    WWE Jan 19
    Fleetwood Mac Feb 2
    Blake Shelton Feb 16
    James Taylor Feb 22
    Dierks Bentley Feb 23
    Kiss Mar 6
    Casting Crowns (April 14
    Cher may 16
    Kenny Chesney May 17
    Jim Gaffagin June 8
    Thomas Rhett Sept 5
    Carrie Underwood Oct 27
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-26-2018 at 11:59 PM.

15X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965-1968-1969-1983-1985-1986-1988-1990-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2017-2018

After looking at how terrible of a job the Fargodome management is doing at booking concerts, I don't think we should give them a penny for upgrades. Why would they suddenly be able to book conventions when they can't even book routable concerts off of Minneapolis?

Check out all the concerts in Sioux Falls. They have more concerts in 2019 than we've had in probably 3 years. I'm starting to question the Fargodome by getting rid of that national management company because they could actually book some real shows.

Whatever we are doing, it's not at all competitive with Sioux Falls. Heck, Grand Forks gets as many or more shows than we do. Someone needs to get fired.

Plus Sioux Falls can fit in an entire USHL hockey season, Sioux Falls Storm, and the Summit League Tournament into the schedule as well

So far I've had to drive to other cities for The Foo Fighters and Metallica because the Fargodome sucks at booking.

DENNY SANFORD 2019 shows (so far)
    Jeff Dunham - Dec 28
    Sesame Street Live Jan 3
    Bob Seger - Jan 26
    WWE Jan 19
    Fleetwood Mac Feb 2
    Blake Shelton Feb 16
    James Taylor Feb 22
    Dierks Bentley Feb 23
    Kiss Mar 6
    Casting Crowns (April 14
    Cher may 16
    Kenny Chesney May 17
    Jim Gaffagin June 8
    Thomas Rhett Sept 5
    Carrie Underwood Oct 27
    Several of those are coming or were just here, they also use Scheels Arena

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Several of those are coming or were just here, they also use Scheels Arena
    True but Scheels arena only has a couple shows booked in 2019

15X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3

True but Scheels arena only has a couple shows booked in 2019
    Between

Bluestem, Scheels Arena and the Dome they get plenty of shows

Also you will notice the dome generally gets the bigger name shows or newer stars

Pink
    Bruno
    Timberlake
    Shine down
    Ect..

Concerts are a tough gig still, promoters would rather do multiple shows in larger metros than 100 nights all over.

Blog Entries

Between

Also you will notice the dome generally gets the bigger name shows or newer stars

Pink
    Bruno
    Timberlake
    Shine down
    Ect..

Concerts are a tough gig still, promoters would rather do multiple shows in larger metros than 100 nights all over.
    You are probably right on that. But the point trying to be made is that Sioux Falls and GF are not larger metro areas either.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Blog Entries

Between

Pink
    Bruno
    Timberlake
    Shine down
    Ect..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    You are probably right on that. But the point trying to be made is that Sioux Falls and GF are not larger metro areas either.
    Promoters follow the same pattern. A line down the highway. Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Fargo, Omaha... notice how almost every show in Sioux Falls or Grand Forks is after Minneapolis?

Promoters follow the same pattern. A line down the highway. Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Fargo, Omaha... notice how almost every show in Sioux Falls or Grand Forks is after Minneapolis?
    Think it's just a North Dakota thing. The state fair was getting good concerts a while back and then they fired that promoter and went with someone who didn't spend so much money. Now the concerts suck unless you like to come down and see Nickelback eh.
    Sent from 2019!