Page 315 of 355 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Interesting to hear the Fargodome Authority meeting. Pretty interesting listen 10-15 minutes in when they talk about the expansion. Apparently the west side is the most logical to add sky suites and could add 480 seats and suite space. They are going to check out the ones at Madison Square Garden and a place in Winnipeg. They would have to spend a few million to strengthen/support it, but it can be done

http://download.fargond.gov/3/9541-1.mp4
    Thanks for the link, to me anyways, it just seems crazy to spend millions upon millions to add the 400 seats they claim this expansion will add. I know its beyond beating a dead horse but we are better off to start laying out the groundwork for a new 25,000 seat Dome that can be expanded at a further date if neccessary. There has to be a middle ground where the city can build the dome and infrastructure with NDSU raising enough of the funds where they would have control over the suites and loge seating or something similar. The farm economy is in the tank so now is not the time. It might take a decade to get approved but this band-aid 70 million dollar dome and conference center expansion is piece meal, SHAC like, and just plain terrible.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Thanks for the link, to me anyways, it just seems crazy to spend millions upon millions to add the 400 seats they claim this expansion will add. I know its beyond beating a dead horse but we are better off to start laying out the groundwork for a new 25,000 seat Dome that can be expanded at a further date if neccessary. There has to be a middle ground where the city can build the dome and infrastructure with NDSU raising enough of the funds where they would have control over the suites and loge seating or something similar. The farm economy is in the tank so now is not the time. It might take a decade to get approved but this band-aid 70 million dollar dome and conference center expansion is piece meal, SHAC like, and just plain terrible.
    They only sold out two games all season. Against the same team. How do you figure on justifying the cost of a brand new stadium with over 6,000 more seats? How will they recoup that investment?

Really if they could add 1,000 seats with a big chunk being suites/club it would be pretty good. For a multitude of reasons there won't be a new dome anytime soon.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

After being in the Soccer Hall of Fame additional in Frisco and the seats out front. NDSU/Fargo could really use an upgrade to some nice suites in the dome or a new stadium. Yes, I realize neither will probably happen.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

It seems crazier to spend 500 million to build a new dome that only holds 5K more. I think 500 million may be a conservative number with the number of pilons needed to go into the clay. Heck our indoor practice facility is pushing 40 million. The convention center is estimated over $100 million. Heck it was almost 12 million just for turf and video boards.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

A new dome would probably seat 30-35k, you can't really build it to expand outside of maybe adding a small chunk of seating which is what we see now. It would definitely push $500 milion+.

The dome is in a situation where they are way behind every major facility in the region when it comes to premium seating, the facility is pretty much living in the stone age in that regard. Something has to be done and probably will be done.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    They only sold out two games all season. Against the same team. How do you figure on justifying the cost of a brand new stadium with over 6,000 more seats? How will they recoup that investment?
    Your forgetting the season ticket base. Right now, most people just assume that there is no way to get tickets so they don't even try. All season tickets are sold out witt the only thing available being student GA tickets that go up for sale the Friday before the game. Right now we have 12.5 +/- season tickets available. What if we could see another 5000 season tickets and have 1000 available for GA every week. It would still be the same situation we are in now where most games wouldn't sell out except for the big games but the difference would be that we would have a season ticket base of 17K instead of 12K. Who cares if they show up every week. We are leaving money on the table.

Your forgetting the season ticket base. Right now, most people just assume that there is no way to get tickets so they don't even try. All season tickets are sold out witt the only thing available being student GA tickets that go up for sale the Friday before the game. Right now we have 12.5 +/- season tickets available. What if we could see another 5000 season tickets and have 1000 available for GA every week. It would still be the same situation we are in now where most games wouldn't sell out except for the big games but the difference would be that we would have a season ticket base of 17K instead of 12K. Who cares if they show up every week. We are leaving money on the table.
    There is no partner to build you this pipe dream. And the money from 5000 seats doesn’t come close to covering the cost to construct it. Therefore we are not leaving money on the table.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There is no partner to build you this pipe dream. And the money from 5000 seats doesn’t come close to covering the cost to construct it. Therefore we are not leaving money on the table.
    You're both correct. AK is correct that you can't use the number of non-sellouts to say the demand isn't there when there's a waiting list for season tickets and the preseason single game tickets sell out in minutes or hours. But Audit is correct that the number of sales you would gain is nowhere near the cost of the project. The ROI would be ridiculously in the negative. There's just no rational alternative to the situation we're in.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    A new dome would probably seat 30-35k, you can't really build it to expand outside of maybe adding a small chunk of seating which is what we see now. It would definitely push $500 milion+.

The dome is in a situation where they are way behind every major facility in the region when it comes to premium seating, the facility is pretty much living in the stone age in that regard. Something has to be done and probably will be done.
    What do you define as premium seating?

Row KK sidelines in the top 4 corners is a premium seat compared to NFL or Power 5 stadiums. There really are no bad seats.

But suites and club seating? Hell yeah we are terrible

I think it would make more sense to invest tens of of millions to do massive suites extending from end zone to end zone. It will be expensive AF but more realistic than a 500 million dollar dome.

Also the proposed expansion of the concourses would be a massive upgrade across the board. From lighting to restrooms to concessions.

No matter what it's going to be spendy spendy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com