Page 239 of 355 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Fargo used to have some entertainment

Anyone remember Driverz inside the West 45th Business park, which now houses Sanford, etc

Indoor go carts on 2 levels, and games etc, was a great time in college to get some drinks in you and go race, it was open year round.

I-29 amusement that folded and now they are building Apartments. Thunder Road seems to be making good money always has people, but its seasonal

There is a real need IMO for some form of Indoor entertainment for the cold months, but should the city be involved? I would think a Private sector builder would probably have a better facility, better options, hours, maybe a Bar Restaurant etc, a City operated place would be too suffocated by City intervention.

edit:

Ha just found a savesite.com link to what they used to have in Driverz, i remember it now

http://www.savesite.com/companies/d/...z_fargond1.htm
    I spent some coin at Driverz.

These "docks" have been added to the NE and SW tunnel entryways.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Interesting wish you had another angle going the other direction. Is that an extension of the corner standing room? Is this for wheelchairs or extra standing room in front of the regular seating? Is the old standing room on the other side of the railing where you are by?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Good to see nobody is sitting in my seat

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Interesting wish you had another angle going the other direction. Is that an extension of the corner standing room? Is this for wheelchairs or extra standing room in front of the regular seating? Is the old standing room on the other side of the railing where you are by?
    Extension of wheelchair area. The lower two rows of seating in front of the handicap seating is now directly below the red seats, then the deck where those blues were was extended out several feet towards the field, creating the large area you see in the pic he posted

Fargodome.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    Extension of wheelchair area. The lower two rows of seating in front of the handicap seating is now directly below the red seats, then the deck where those blues were was extended out several feet towards the field, creating the large area you see in the pic he posted

Fargodome.jpg
    Thanks. So this didn't really add anything as far as additional standing room space goes but actually gives people in wheelchairs a fighting chance of seeing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Do they roll out the old crappy turf for these events?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Do they roll out the old crappy turf for these events?
    Yes. The newer turfs aren't good for wrestling events, especially with all the tiny black beads getting all over the place. And likewise, wrestling events would be terrible for the newer expensive turf(s). Constant motion of way too many bodies and surfaces would wear out the new stuff in short time. I can attest to this by how the field in Akron's IPF looks now compared to the way it did when we first got there in 2010. Granted, the wear and tear wasn't all wrestling events, but I guarantee they did their share of damage.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Here's a few more pics:

BTW, I meant decks, not docks. Getting a little drunk-tired after the drive from Colorado Springs and the two-day set-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

I wonder if they removed one or two short rows of seats. I'm having a really hard time finding a 'before' photo of the areas that is clear enough to make out what was there before.

edit: Yep, they did. Definitely removed two rows of 14 seats(56 seats total).