Page 295 of 355 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

So this time when going through the detector it goes off as usual. I tell them I have two metal hips. They say something higher set them off. They wand the upper half and nothing happens. They wand my hips and it goes off. They get this real stupid look on their faces and I tell them again---I have two metal hips.. She says But it got set off by something higher. So they wand me again and nothing happens. They were clueless so the put a yellow wristband on me so if anyone wanted to know why I got through the detector they would know that I have medical hardware. I then asked---Why would anyone need to know that after I enter the dome? Are there people in the dome doing random checks of people with a wand as they walk by???? Deer in the headlights look and I then walked in.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So this time when going through the detector it goes off as usual. I tell them I have two metal hips. They say something higher set them off. They wand the upper half and nothing happens. They wand my hips and it goes off. They get this real stupid look on their faces and I tell them again---I have two metal hips.. She says But it got set off by something higher. So they wand me again and nothing happens. They were clueless so the put a yellow wristband on me so if anyone wanted to know why I got through the detector they would know that I have medical hardware. I then asked---Why would anyone need to know that after I enter the dome? Are there people in the dome doing random checks of people with a wand as they walk by???? Deer in the headlights look and I then walked in.
    Glad to see you finally get it. They are the dome Nazis.....you are not. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Not Nazis SD, keystone cops.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    There isnt anything to get. I dont consider them dome nazis. They are just unqualified cheap labor trying to make a buck. All of my other experiences have been uneventful. This was just an amusing encounter that only lasted 120 seconds and I was on my way.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There isnt anything to get. I dont consider them dome nazis. They are just unqualified cheap labor trying to make a buck. All of my other experiences have been uneventful. This was just an amusing encounter that only lasted 120 seconds and I was on my way.
    Makes me wonder what kind of training, if any, they get. Two separate guys told me the staff asked them if they were carrying a pocket knife last season. Before the detectors of course

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Makes me wonder what kind of training, if any, they get. Two separate guys told me the staff asked them if they were carrying a pocket knife last season. Before the detectors of course
    I few years back I called the head honcho of the dome about the inconsistencies of the dome security in dealing with tailgaters and patrons of the dome on football weekends..

He said I would really like to tell you that all of our 200 plus employees of the dome have had the same training and are all on the same page in the interpretation and implementation of the rules but I cant say that.

Ive also been to other events at NDSU where the people running the cash register had no business in that position. One such person was an old lady who had to be in her late 70s. She was flustered and having a hard time counting change while a manager looked on as she was failing. I just told her to take her time I wasnt in a hurry even though there were 20 people behind me. I felt so bad for her being elderly and trying to make a buck.

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I few years back I called the head honcho of the dome about the inconsistencies of the dome security in dealing with tailgaters and patrons of the dome on football weekends..

He said I would really like to tell you that all of our 200 plus employees of the dome have had the same training and are all on the same page in the interpretation and implementation of the rules but I cant say that.

Ive also been to other events at NDSU where the people running the cash register had no business in that position. One such person was an old lady who had to be in her late 70s. She was flustered and having a hard time counting change while a manager looked on as she was failing. I just told her to take her time I wasnt in a hurry even though there were 20 people behind me. I felt so bad for her being elderly and trying to make a buck.
    The concessions people swipe my card 3 or 4 times before it works. It’s been a regular thing for several years. They all complain and say it’s the norm. That place is really going to Hell. I’m not a Fargo resident but I pay the goddamn 7.5 % sales tax on everything from groceries to tires. It’s time to fix that dump up. Again, it’s a dump. A dump that makes money because of our football program.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    The concessions people swipe my card 3 or 4 times before it works. It’s been a regular thing for several years. They all complain and say it’s the norm. That place is really going to Hell. I’m not a Fargo resident but I pay the goddamn 7.5 % sales tax on everything from groceries to tires. It’s time to fix that dump up. Again, it’s a dump. A dump that makes money because of our football program.
    It makes money because the place is constantly booked. We only occupy it 8-9 times a year. Somebody posted the particulars about a year ago. I was impressed on how many days the place is booked.

He said I would really like to tell you that all of our 200 plus employees of the dome have had the same training and are all on the same page in the interpretation and implementation of the rules but I can't say that.

I've also been to other events at NDSU where the people running the cash register had no business in that position. One such person was an old lady who had to be in her late 70s. She was flustered and having a hard time counting change while a manager looked on as she was failing. I just told her to take her time I wasn't in a hurry even though there were 20 people behind me. I felt so bad for her being elderly and trying to make a buck.
    I was under the impression the concession folks were all volunteers working on behalf of various local 501c3s. Their sponsor agency gets paid for their volunteered service during events. At least that's how it works at many similar venues.... Also, one of my kid's sitters sometimes has to go rep her dance team by working concessions during FB games

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I was under the impression the concession folks were all volunteers working on behalf of various local 501c3s. Their sponsor agency gets paid for their volunteered service during events. At least that's how it works at many similar venues.... Also, one of my kid's sitters sometimes has to go rep her dance team by working concessions during FB games
    I've also been to other events at NDSU where the people running the cash register had no business in that position. One such person was an old lady who had to be in her late 70s. She was flustered and having a hard time counting change while a manager looked on as she was failing. I just told her to take her time I wasn't in a hurry even though there were 20 people behind me. I felt so bad for her being elderly and trying to make a buck.

Notice I said NDSU which I thought would mean--Not the dome. It was at the Shac.

And yes you are correct on who work the concessions at the dome. Ive also had no issues with the concessions at the dome so far this year.