Page 227 of 355 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I am 100% against this. Why should we further hamstring ourselves, permanently give up more land on campus for the city, and further box ourselves into the dome. There has to be something more in it for NDSU. Am I crazy? Someone help me see the big picture.
    Looks like they put the cc in the tailgating lots. Sucks if it goes there.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Put the convention center next to the mall. Why make things worse for the #1 tenant of the dome?
    It's OK to not be OK.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I am 100% against this. Why should we further hamstring ourselves, permanently give up more land on campus for the city, and further box ourselves into the dome. There has to be something more in it for NDSU. Am I crazy? Someone help me see the big picture.
    I could be remembering wrong, but I thought the original plan came with major upgrades to the Dome itself. I don't like putting it in the west lot.

I think NDSU is boxed into the Dome for a good long while regardless. Capacity aside, I think they've done a pretty good job keeping the Fargodome up-to-date. A convention center will help ensure they have the funds to continue to do so. Is it worth it? I don't know.

But WTF is with Mike Williams claiming parking isn't important downtown because of trends like Uber and self-driving cars? Does Fargo really pay their Parking Commissioner for that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I could be remembering wrong, but I thought the original plan came with major upgrades to the Dome itself. I don't like putting it in the west lot.

I think NDSU is boxed into the Dome for a good long while regardless. Capacity aside, I think they've done a pretty good job keeping the Fargodome up-to-date. A convention center will help ensure they have the funds to continue to do so. Is it worth it? I don't know.

But WTF is with Mike Williams claiming parking isn't important downtown because of trends like Uber and self-driving cars? Does Fargo really pay their Parking Commissioner for that idea?
    You're talking about building 50 year assists. He's not wrong to be looking a little ways over the horizon like that. He's not making the decision alone and he won't get 100 percent of what he wants.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we are going to something like this then it needs to greatly benefit NDSU. Maybe something like the below proposal but with more built in convention space. We would have to financially partner on it, but it at least permanently solve men's basketball and would be the premier basketball facility in the state.

http://www.morrissuntribune.com/site...?itok=1r9qCVck

The worst case scenario is that they build the CC in the west lot and do NO renos/expansions on the dome. This means we're stuck with what we have, basically forever. No improvements, and possibly no new stadium ever.
    We all love the dome for what it is, but it is simply too small for us. We either need to improve what we have, or think bigger in the next 5-10 years. Don't ball and chain us to the Current building with no improvements AND by taking the tailgating lot
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The worst case scenario is that they build the CC in the west lot and do NO renos/expansions on the dome. This means we're stuck with what we have, basically forever. No improvements, and possibly no new stadium ever.
    We all love the dome for what it is, but it is simply too small for us. We either need to improve what we have, or think bigger in the next 5-10 years. Don't ball and chain us to the Current building with no improvements AND by taking the tailgating lot
    "Worst case scenario".........."possibly no new stadium EVER".............."ball and chaining us"...............

This sounds like a whole lotta FEAR! It's so unlike you.

Oh wait. I get it! You are not saying that it is for sure going to happen. You are just making a point about how it COULD happen and how we need to examine and understand all the consequences of something going forward.

Brilliant! This is the first time I've ever seen this communication technique attempted on Bisonville.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    "Worst case scenario".........."possibly no new stadium EVER".............."ball and chaining us"...............

This sounds like a whole lotta FEAR! It's so unlike you.

Oh wait. I get it! You are not saying that it is for sure going to happen. You are just making a point about how it COULD happen and how we need to examine and understand all the consequences of something going forward.

Brilliant! This is the first time I've ever seen this communication technique attempted on Bisonville.
    Groundhog day in Mankota! Nicely said!
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-26-2017 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    First, they came for the Rain Forest, and I did not speak out because I was not a tree....

Really, they want to make it downtown, so make it downtown... just don't use the FargoDome as a piggy bank to fund it because a downtown conference center has nothing to do with the FargoDome.