Page 326 of 355 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

I tried to find the plans to expand the concourses but didn't find any details. Wouldn't you have to knock out the exterior walls to push the bathrooms farther back since the concession stands are tucked under the seats? I'm sure the Fargodome would look real nice with a bunch of lean-tos all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Expand them obviously, it was part of the last renovation plan released a few years back.

Also PL there is a huge difference between expansion and renovation. A renovation pretty much has to happen if the dome is going to stay competitive with other regional venues.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I tried to find the plans to expand the concourses but didn't find any details. Wouldn't you have to knock out the exterior walls to push the bathrooms farther back since the concession stands are tucked under the seats? I'm sure the Fargodome would look real nice with a bunch of lean-tos all the way around.
    East side wall gets knocked out. Gates moved further back. Other sides see more minor changes to vendor locations to improve flow through concourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It’s a spectacularly beautiful edifice today to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Would it be economically feasable for the roof to be pulled off the fargo dome so that the corner things could be removed? Then add Second deck on one side, add seatinging in the corners, and then build an entirely new roof structure? Vs, say, building an entirely new stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Would it be economically feasable for the roof to be pulled off the fargo dome so that the corner things could be removed? Then add Second deck on one side, add seatinging in the corners, and then build an entirely new roof structure? Vs, say, building an entirely new stadium?
    You must be new here

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You must be new here
    Isn't there a napkin sketch that has that all figured out?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Isn't there a napkin sketch that has that all figured out?
    My plan was to support a new roof over an expanded bowl by using old-school McDonald's arches to support the roof from above to free up the corners.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    That's effectively what I'd like to see happen, but the key words are economically feasible. The people on here who actually know about things like this(as opposed to the ones that only think they do) believe the price of an expansion project like that would be in the same ballpark as a brand new stadium.

Rebuilding vs New Pros:
    Reuse existing infrastructure
    Keep perfect location for Bison FB(next door to SHAC)
    No unneeded duplication of facilities(Fargo doesn't need both a 19k AND 35k seat facilities)

Rebuilding vs New Cons:
    Just as expensive as building new
    There are always design compromises when renovating as opposed to building new
    Facility would be out of service for a year or more(this is the big one to most people here)

BTW, the joke they're referring to was an old conversation(10+ years ago ?!?) where someone(Herdbot?) said "just take out the pillars and add seating in the corners". Except he said nothing about building a new roof structure. It had to be pointed out to him that those pillars were more than just decoration and kinda served a purpose.

My (unrealistic) dream would be to build an all new roof structure and concourse around the perimeter of the FD while it was still in operation. When the work has gotten as far as it can, shut down the FD and start demo. Open the old roof and start hauling out the old stands and roof structure. Lower in new stands in a full bowl arrangement with a much lower seating pitch. You'll lose rows at the top, but you'll make up for it with the corners and a much more functional second deck. Then bring in the second deck that follows the current NSEW layout without corner seating. Underneath the second deck goes a large amount of suites. Finally close up the new roof and open for business. If everything is staged correctly, I bet the FD would be down for less than 12 months. But I also bet the project would be more expensive than starting fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Expand them obviously, it was part of the last renovation plan released a few years back.

Also PL there is a huge difference between expansion and renovation. A renovation pretty much has to happen if the dome is going to stay competitive with other regional venues.
    Exactly what needs to be done????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    That's effectively what I'd like to see happen, but the key words are economically feasible. The people on here who actually know about things like this(as opposed to the ones that only think they do) believe the price of an expansion project like that would be in the same ballpark as a brand new stadium.

Rebuilding vs New Pros:
    Reuse existing infrastructure
    Keep perfect location for Bison FB(next door to SHAC)
    No unneeded duplication of facilities(Fargo doesn't need both a 19k AND 35k seat facilities)

Rebuilding vs New Cons:
    Just as expensive as building new
    There are always design compromises when renovating as opposed to building new
    Facility would be out of service for a year or more(this is the big one to most people here)

BTW, the joke they're referring to was an old conversation(10+ years ago ?!?) where someone(Herdbot?) said "just take out the pillars and add seating in the corners". Except he said nothing about building a new roof structure. It had to be pointed out to him that those pillars were more than just decoration and kinda served a purpose.

My (unrealistic) dream would be to build an all new roof structure and concourse around the perimeter of the FD while it was still in operation. When the work has gotten as far as it can, shut down the FD and start demo. Open the old roof and start hauling out the old stands and roof structure. Lower in new stands in a full bowl arrangement with a much lower seating pitch. You'll lose rows at the top, but you'll make up for it with the corners and a much more functional second deck. Then bring in the second deck that follows the current NSEW layout without corner seating. Underneath the second deck goes a large amount of suites. Finally close up the new roof and open for business. If everything is staged correctly, I bet the FD would be down for less than 12 months. But I also bet the project would be more expensive than starting fresh.

They did a study years back that it would be cheaper to scrape it to the ground and start over.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."