Page 281 of 355 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Steady well-considered progress is the reason the Dome has managed to operate in the black all these years. No need to rush into the next project, so long as it's still a top facility I'm fine with them taking their time to do it right. Provided they are continually working on plans, which they are.
    When you got 40 million in the bank, you can pay straight cash homey for these upgrades just off of the interest like a gangster.

The domes surplus fund was 34 million in 2013. It was 40 million in 2015. Now it's back down to 32 million and we've done a ton of upgrades, most notably the insane video boards

The building looks great, has a big surplus, and actually makes a profit which is rare for buildings like this. The Alerus has to beg for money from the city to fund deficits. That is great management

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The dome has made some progress. Tailgating lot. Done. Turf. Done. Lights. Done. Video boards. Done. New TVs in concourse. Done. Upgraded handicap corners. Done.

The dome does things at a steady pace. Now that most of the general upgrades have been done, they can shift their focus to seats.

Gotta remember, the city has been dealing with flood protection so that is part of the problem.

If I had to predict, I think they will do the following, all in phases.

1) remove press box and add seats at the north end
    2) small addition on the south end with extra space and q corner suite
    3) Big addition to the west side with suites
    I know that the East side lobby wasn't made to handle another level but surely there has to be a way to do something similar to what has been proposed on the west side without a complete tear down. Could all of the items you listed plus a matching east side get us to 25k?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I know that the East side lobby wasn't made to handle another level but surely there has to be a way to do something similar to what has been proposed on the west side without a complete tear down. Could all of the items you listed plus a matching east side get us to 25k?
    25k is probably pushing it but with some creativity they could squeeze some seats. At one time they talked about a southern addition with a restaurant/bar up top overlooking the field. The plans they originally talked about (press box removal, west addition, NE corner 300) added 1200. Adding 1200 would put us at what 20,100? (18,900+1200) Then try to do something with the south end, south west, or south east plus maybe party decks? Those SW/SE corners with the same addition as the proposed NE corner coupe add 600 (300 ea) so that's what, 20,700? Throw in some party decks in the corners and maybe 21,500k? Plus standing room. 22k?

But I'm wondering if the video boards would black the view for a straight south addition. I know they cant fo anything on the north end because of the loadingdock/garage. And like you said the east is a mess

North press box removal (300)
    West side addition (600)
    South side addition (old proposal)
    NE Corner (300 but included in the 1200 total) would cost 3.5 million and add suites and bathrooms.
    Corner sky boxes
    Rob Sobolik once mentioned "party decks"

Notice the southern end of the dome on this image
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-18-2018 at 07:41 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

That south addition included a basketball arena, no? lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That south addition included a basketball arena, no? lol
    Yeah the only thing that would ever come out of that study is the south addition idea

If they can bump the capacity to 20-21+, I think we're in business. I think then we have less of a "niche FCS experience" and more of a legitimate Cameron Indoor style experience.

I'm not arguing that our gameday experience is lackluster- I think its absolutely phenomenal, at worst, the 2nd best in FCS, however I think there is a perception of "less than 20k at your game? that's cute".

Additionally, getting over that threshold, I would imagine would silence MANY of the BUILD NEW STADIUM NOW-advocates (such as myself). Love the FFD... wish it was marginally larger with nicer, high-end amenities for big donors with big $$. If we can add a few more seats, and a few more higher end amenities, I think the FFD is suddenly adds a legitimate 20 years to its life span
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    If they can bump the capacity to 20-21+, I think we're in business. I think then we have less of a "niche FCS experience" and more of a legitimate Cameron Indoor style experience.

I'm not arguing that our gameday experience is lackluster- I think its absolutely phenomenal, at worst, the 2nd best in FCS, however I think there is a perception of "less than 20k at your game? that's cute".

Additionally, getting over that threshold, I would imagine would silence MANY of the BUILD NEW STADIUM NOW-advocates (such as myself). Love the FFD... wish it was marginally larger with nicer, high-end amenities for big donors with big $$. If we can add a few more seats, and a few more higher end amenities, I think the FFD is suddenly adds a legitimate 20 years to its life span
    21K is a workable number. As long as it adds the suites up top. Suites are the big revenue opportunity the dome is missing. If they want to extend the life of the dome, it needs some more smaller convention space to be competitive with other facilities. The days of giant arena rock shows will some day be gone. I hope that any addition they do benefits both NDSU Football and smaller conventions space. They really need to be forward thinking and don't make the same mistake they made on the east side where it kills any chance of an addition. And they need to kill any addition that is going wipe out huge sections of the tailgating lot like they proposed earlier which is freakin ridiculous. I think a west side addition is a must and they need to squeeze as many suites in there as possible. I'm talking form end zone to endzone. And they need to build convention space into it.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    21K is a workable number. As long as it adds the suites up top. Suites are the big revenue opportunity the dome is missing. If they want to extend the life of the dome, it needs some more smaller convention space to be competitive with other facilities. The days of giant arena rock shows will some day be gone. I hope that any addition they do benefits both NDSU Football and smaller conventions space. They really need to be forward thinking and don't make the same mistake they made on the east side where it kills any chance of an addition. And they need to kill any addition that is going wipe out huge sections of the tailgating lot like they proposed earlier which is freakin ridiculous. I think a west side addition is a must and they need to squeeze as many suites in there as possible. I'm talking form end zone to endzone. And they need to build convention space into it.
    How are they missing suite revenuw, all are rented

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Fargo Dome keeps that except for the tickets sold for the suite. Rental money is all for the dome.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I think there are only 18 suites and nobody can really get them. Need more suites and club seating. NDSU doesn't get any of that revenue so they can make it up by selling higher teammakers dues.