Page 280 of 355 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Gotta love that maximum security prison look. Are those towers for the tailgating police to shoot rubber bullets at those who use glass containers?
    Well honestly what do you expect from Terry Stroh, it's his firm that designed the SHAC. I like the idea with the deck and enclosed area below but it needs some work, and by that I mean hiring somebody else who knows something about stadium design.

It reminds me of the hideous new Sanford hospital. Gross.

The dome has selected RL Engrebretson Architects to design the new alternatives.

533 In a row

I think something all can agree on is we want to see something done, even if it is a renovation of the Dome. Crazy how everything with that facility is done at a snails pace. Here's an idea, if they have not made a civic decision, don't let that prevent you from dealing with your own issues that need fixing. Maybe, it will kick others in the butt to do their job!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think something all can agree on is we want to see something done, even if it is a renovation of the Dome. Crazy how everything with that facility is done at a snails pace. Here's an idea, if they have not made a civic decision, don't let that prevent you from dealing with your own issues that need fixing. Maybe, it will kick others in the butt to do their job!
    Are you serious, snails pace? Have you ever seen a city operation move at anything faster than a snails pace? Unless of course its them wanting payment on taxes or tickets

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is a great article on FBS schools that are in the midst of stadium expansion and renovations. Makes you realize that the 100 million we need to expand the dome is peanuts in the world of major college football. A couple of the schools are adding ticket surcharges to help finance renovations. I'm not sure we have the season ticket base to do something like that but if we added 5000 seats to our season ticket base at $10 a ticket that would roughly be 1 million a year. Interesting concept though.

https://www.syracuse.com/expo/erry-2..._renonvat.html
    Last edited by AKBison; 05-18-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Here is a great article on FBS schools that are in the midst of stadium expansion and renovations. Makes you realize that the 100 million we need to expand the dome is peanuts in the world of major college football. A couple of the schools are adding ticket surcharges to help finance renovations. I'm not sure we have the season ticket base to do something like that but if we could add 5000 seats to our season ticket base that would roughly be 1 million a year. Interesting concept though.

https://www.syracuse.com/expo/erry-2..._renonvat.html
    Most of those teams are Power 5 teams. Our peers are G5. These guys get more money from TV contracts than our entire athletic budget.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am certainly not saying we should be competing with them on facilities, it's just interesting the $$ being spent on that 100 million doesn't really go very far in the arms race.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Are you serious, snails pace? Have you ever seen a city operation move at anything faster than a snails pace? Unless of course its them wanting payment on taxes or tickets
    The dome has made some progress. Tailgating lot. Done. Turf. Done. Lights. Done. Video boards. Done. New TVs in concourse. Done. Upgraded handicap corners. Done.

The dome does things at a steady pace. Now that most of the general upgrades have been done, they can shift their focus to seats.

Gotta remember, the city has been dealing with flood protection so that is part of the problem.

If I had to predict, I think they will do the following, all in phases.

1) remove press box and add seats at the north end
    2) small addition on the south end with extra space and q corner suite
    3) Big addition to the west side with suites

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The dome has made some progress. Tailgating lot. Done. Turf. Done. Lights. Done. Video boards. Done. New TVs in concourse. Done. Upgraded handicap corners. Done.

The dome does things at a steady pace. Now that most of the general upgrades have been done, they can shift their focus to seats.

Gotta remember, the city has been dealing with flood protection so that is part of the problem.

If I had to predict, I think they will do the following, all in phases.

1) remove press box and add seats at the north end
    2) small addition on the south end with extra space and q corner suite
    3) Big addition to the west side with suites
    Steady well-considered progress is the reason the Dome has managed to operate in the black all these years. No need to rush into the next project, so long as it's still a top facility I'm fine with them taking their time to do it right. Provided they are continually working on plans, which they are.