Page 276 of 355 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    OK, what "flagship" FCS programs have better stadiums? Not just bigger, but actually better? That list is short...and arguable.

The last thing we need is another FBS thread, so I'm not going there.
    While I am by no means a FBS or bust type, there are very few comparable FCS schools, period. That is the disconnect and I see little choice to compare NDSU to schools like Nevada, Colorado St., etc. Still not perfect either, but clearly a better comparison than Brookings, Vermilion, etc. I keep saying the only decent comparison I see in all of FCS is Montana and yes, I'd take that over the Dome. It is a great facility. (Caveat being I'd take it with their weather, not Fargo weather.)

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    While I am by no means a FBS or bust type, there are very few comparable FCS schools, period. That is the disconnect and I see little choice to compare NDSU to schools like Nevada, Colorado St., etc. Still not perfect either, but clearly a better comparison than Brookings, Vermilion, etc. I keep saying the only decent comparison I see in all of FCS is Montana and yes, I'd take that over the Dome. It is a great facility. (Caveat being I'd take it with their weather, not Fargo weather.)
    I don't get the disconnect. I think there's a bigger disconnect in implying that one of the very best stadiums in FCS isn't very good and that it's feasible financially and politically to replace it.

Colorado State just spent $220 million on their new stadium. There is no way that could happen here, bonding or not. Is Mackay stadium really better than the Fargodome? It's bigger and like SDSU has better suites, but doesn't it have a track around it? Wolfpack only averaged 16K attendance last season.

I've never been there, but it sure doesn't look like it to me.

Let's see. Bleacher seating - same. Small section with actual seats - same. Horseshoe design - same. Turf - same. No championships - same. SIU has the video board on the correct side of the stadium. SDSU has suites. Only difference I see.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Let's see. Bleacher seating - same. Small section with actual seats - same. Horseshoe design - same. Turf - same. No championships - same. SIU has the video board on the correct side of the stadium. SDSU has suites. Only difference I see.
    It has a flatter design and fewer seats because nobody goes into the stadium, they can tailgate the whole game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Actually Southern Illinois has a National Championship, back in 1983
    Looking it's a very similar stadium. The SDSU has a bigger section on the big side and a bigger press box. And SDSU actually made the seats blue, instead of a generic silver. But overall it's the same stadium. SIU could even double the size of the press box if they wanted to.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I've never been there, but it sure doesn't look like it to me.

Oh look its a game day photo..lots of empty seats... UNLESS NDSU is playing there and its full of NDSU fans.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, see and compared to the Fargodome, SDSU is mostly bleachers, student section can't see the single video board, they don't have concourses/concessions all the way around, etc. What they do have are good suite and club areas and it is expandable. Not that they'll ever need to expand. Is it really a better experience for the average fan? I don't think so.
    i dont think I said they were better experiences, I like the Dome glad we have it otherwise there would have been a lot of games I wouldn't go to, and I would bet my season tickets 60% of the current ticket holders wouldn't either

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    i dont think I said they were better experiences, I like the Dome glad we have it otherwise there would have been a lot of games I wouldn't go to, and I would bet my season tickets 60% of the current ticket holders wouldn't either
    You mean you wouldn't tailgate for 5-1/2 hours in sub zero weather and THEN go watch a game outdoors in sub zero weather for 3-4 hours? Hypothermia is the word that comes to mind. At least in the dome, you get to thaw out. Even in the Dacotah Field days, weather kept fans away from late season games. An outdoor field is the silliest idea possibly ever.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Actually Southern Illinois has a National Championship, back in 1983
    Looking it's a very similar stadium. The SDSU has a bigger section on the big side and a bigger press box. And SDSU actually made the seats blue, instead of a generic silver. But overall it's the same stadium. SIU could even double the size of the press box if they wanted to.
    I've been to both, it's pretty close. In fact, SDSU's stadium is a lot like if ISUr and SIU's stadiums had a baby.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Oh look its a game day photo..lots of empty seats... UNLESS NDSU is playing there and its full of NDSU fans.
    Not last year.