Page 137 of 355 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    If they are short they need to go big and maybe cut out some of the other boards for now. If the big ones are in place there is no need for the corner boards at all. Sure they would be neat, but big main boards are more important IMO. The corners can be upgraded/added later. Those big boards are a 20+ year investment, so don't skimp!
    Why hasn't this been the plan from the beginning? It seems too obvious and common sense not to even think it, let alone mention it...

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    If they are short they need to go big and maybe cut out some of the other boards for now. If the big ones are in place there is no need for the corner boards at all. Sure they would be neat, but big main boards are more important IMO. The corners can be upgraded/added later. Those big boards are a 20+ year investment, so don't skimp!
    This ^
    Bigger is better. A few years from now they could easily add other boards but they won't be able to afford to upgrade a 70 footer to a 100 footer. But I love the fact they are thinking like a big time venue. The Bunnies get all hot and bothered by their new board. So why not go get 2 of their dream boards... plus new corners... and a few more to boot!

And take the old corner boards and put them outside. Put em on top of the over hang on the west side or one by the student entrance. Could give the west side a bigger time feel and entertain the students in ljne... or broadcast Dom and Jeff or announcements or scores. Good advertising too

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This ^
    Bigger is better. A few years from now they could easily add other boards but they won't be able to afford to upgrade a 70 footer to a 100 footer. But I love the fact they are thinking like a big time venue. The Bunnies get all hot and bothered by their new board. So why not go get 2 of their dream boards... plus new corners... and a few more to boot!

And take the old corner boards and put them outside. Put em on top of the over hang on the west side or one by the student entrance. Could give the west side a bigger time feel and entertain the students in ljne... or broadcast Dom and Jeff or announcements or scores. Good advertising too
    I'd just throw those old ones away or see if any high schools want them. It's like keeping your old standard def big screen TV... What's the point really..
    College of Business Alumnus

I can't wait to see the intro on this new system. Just imagine the possibilities. Countdown and tunnel walk on the main boards with some animations on the corner boards.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I can't wait to see the intro on this new system. Just imagine the possibilities. Countdown and tunnel walk on the main boards with some animations on the corner boards.
    I have been...imagining...the replays for years! I guess I sit too far away or need better glasses.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

I would like to see the corner boards show HD statistics such as fumbles, TFL, sacks,passes (total/completed) with more screen we can have more ststs.
    2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 National FCS Champions.

Eight is Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
    I would like to see the corner boards show HD statistics such as fumbles, TFL, sacks,passes (total/completed) with more screen we can have more ststs.
    I like that also. TOP etc. I hate when they put everything on one big board. Then its just one big mish-mash and I cant find what Iam looking for.. They could have 2 smaller ones on the east and west sides where you could just look up and get all the info you want. Having big score boards just to have a big score board just doesnt make sense to me. Oh wait---its great for recruiting---right?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'd just throw those old ones away or see if any high schools want them. It's like keeping your old standard def big screen TV... What's the point really..
    I think for stats or outdoor use they are pretty decent. It's not like they are tube tv's. Not overly large either. Just shitty resolution which isn't important for stats or for outdoors. Could add to the tailgating experience

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think for stats or outdoor use they are pretty decent. It's not like they are tube tv's. Not overly large either. Just shitty resolution which isn't important for stats or for outdoors. Could add to the tailgating experience

Work great were they are for stats, move them later for the upgrades but don't leave them alone for Johnson business to steel and try putting up in his father's garage bedroom were he still lives...
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You are assuming two things here when you talk about outdoor use:

1. They are weatherproof
    2. They are bright enough to be used in sunlight

I'm thinking neither is probably true.

For stats, yeah, I think they would be fine for that.