Page 283 of 355 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...54d126dac.html

heres the Article referencing the 5% architectural fee for Mizzou- if someone doesn't believe me, haha
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I thought maybe just for the new, bigger spoons. Liability insurance goes way up for bigger spoons...
    Bigger spoons --> larger doses of Dip-n-Dots --> Lethal Brain Freeze!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Bigger spoons --> larger doses of Dip-n-Dots --> Lethal Brain Freeze!
    --> Profit --> Throw streamers

Pretty sure the majority of this project is going to be convention center/meetings. Has been discussed already with some very preliminary sketches. The $300,000 is likely to take those sketches to some sort of conceptual plans to get some SF estimates. If costs are still in line with FD desires they would move on to bid/working documents which same architect would be hired to complete what they started and $300,000 would impact the amount of that contract as some of the work is already completed. % contract is typical for start to finish of a project that approved to be built and there were no preliminary drawings. Public projects using public money need to be a bit more careful they don't over extend themselves which does end up costing some money but prevent the million dollar or two million snafus that make people upset, or worse!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Mizzou endzone renovation of 100 Million used a fee of 5%. $300,000/5% is $6,000,000. If the fee is 2.5% the estimated cost is $12,000,000 etc.

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2018/m...to-be-studied/

KFGO says they are looking to address the following "Immediate Needs":
    Dome Exec. Dir. Rob Sobolik says restroom upgrades, more seating for Bison football and new administrative office space are among the most immediate priorities with expansion of the 27 year-old building a possibility.

"Likely to the south as we continue talks, the discussions about the definite need for more meeting space, square footage, contiguous meeting space in the region, Fargo, Moorhead, West Fargo, to look at potentially adding a large space to the south of the building that would be able to help bring larger conferences, meetings, conventions to town," said Sobolik.

The article also says this is a pre-design fee, so presumably, this is much larger than a $6,000,000 project.

Additionally, the article said that they are considering a 30-50,000 sq ft convention space on the south side which would presumably meet all of the needs stated above. For reference, the convention center at the premier center in Sioux Falls is 45,000 sq ft, so pretty big.

This could actually be cool
    Glad to hear. If it's on the south side, curious if they are talking some sort of club seating that overlooks the field.

I hope they can do the easy fix first by removing the press box and adding some seats.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Glad to hear. If it's on the south side, curious if they are talking some sort of club seating that overlooks the field.

I hope they can do the easy fix first by removing the press box and adding some seats.
    Are you sure you don't mean "some sort of club seating that overlooks the back of the new scoreboards"?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    It'll be construction of a new Dip-n-Dots stand.
    Not so fast there......

Mobile

Pretzel

Stand

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean "some sort of club seating that overlooks the back of the new scoreboards"?
    I was thinking the same thing but it was more a guess. Have you ever sat near the top? Is it obstructed I assume? Curious if they could raise the video board it or if it's at the max height. At a glance it looks like they could, but not the best picture

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was thinking the same thing but it was more a guess. Have you ever sat near the top? Is it obstructed I assume? Curious if they could raise the video board it or if it's at the max height. At a glance it looks like they could, but not the best picture

There's a reason they put video boards on the back of the video boards. Does it obstruct the field? Doubt it. But any higher or closer to the field at the same height and you'll start obstructing the field. I'm sure the boards are at the height they are for a reason. Doubt they'd go any higher. Only place to realistically add seating is on the west side. How that would go with the roof structure is beyond my intelligence.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    There's a reason they put video boards on the back of the video boards. Does it obstruct the field? Doubt it. But any higher or closer to the field at the same height and you'll start obstructing the field. I'm sure the boards are at the height they are for a reason. Doubt they'd go any higher. Only place to realistically add seating is on the west side. How that would go with the roof structure is beyond my intelligence.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I find it odd that they are quoted as saying they want to add seats and the addition is to the south where the previous concept had a club overlooking the field. I would kind of chuckle if they built it and you couldn't see. Brilliant foresight