Page 270 of 355 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Say on the Fargodome Authority Minutes that they are looking to sign an architectural contract etc etc etc for the dome..... but it is different and apparently separate from the Metal detectors and the handicapped zones in the corners...

Anyone know what this is referring to??
    I think it is to figure out what projects that have been kicked around the past several years are going to finally get done.

533 In a row

Say on the Fargodome Authority Minutes that they are looking to sign an architectural contract etc etc etc for the dome..... but it is different and apparently separate from the Metal detectors and the handicapped zones in the corners...

Anyone know what this is referring to??
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think it is to figure out what projects that have been kicked around the past several years are going to finally get done.
    They've proposed a million different things so who knows. They talked about removing the unused press box on the north end to add some capacity, sky boxes in the corners, expanded lobby on the west side, a lounge on the west side, new bathrooms, etc...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Dude you can get plastic liquor bottles with plastic caps. You can even get a plastic flask. The keg in the wheelchair in the student section days might be over.
    Who knows the "key in the wheelchair story"? True story?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I hope they spend all of the Dome surplus on actual Dome improvement projects before others get their hands on it for something downtown. At one time the Dome surplus was around $30 million.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    At one time the Dome surplus was around $30 million.
    $33 million at the end of 2016

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I hope they spend all of the Dome surplus on actual Dome improvement projects before others get their hands on it for something downtown. At one time the Dome surplus was around $30 million.
    I would be cautious and only spend the interest. Wonder what the interest is on 33 million per year? If they play it right, we should be able to spend money on upgrades every year and still keep the principle. Pretty sure the metal detectors that cost 300k wasnt more than the principle. The key is actually spending the interest so we can maintain and upgrade. Not many buildings actually operate in the black and have that big of a surplus which is quite impressive. Or just never let the balance get below 30 million and spend any profits on upgrades

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would be cautious and only spend the interest. Wonder what the interest is on 33 million per year? If they play it right, we should be able to spend money on upgrades every year and still keep the principle. Pretty sure the metal detectors that cost 300k wasnt more than the principle
    At 4% it would be $1,320,000. Have not idea what they get as a return on the surplus.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    At 4% it would be $1,320,000. Have not idea what they get as a return on the surplus.
    Even if its 1%, that's over 300k per year. I say never let it drop below 30 million and spend the interest and surplus from profits at the end of the year on upgrades but always spend on something. You can do a ton of upgrades by spending a little every year. Metal detectors were 300k. Much smarter long term plan

I am really interested in seeing how "Corner suites" would work. Without the POLES in the corners (the ones with the screens on them), I could acutally imagine suites being built on those corner pillars, however it obviously wouldn't make any sense with a big ol' pole in your face.

Does anyone know if the POSTS (Not the giant concrete corners) with the screens on them provide structural support for the roof or something? Or are they disposable?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I am really interested in seeing how "Corner suites" would work. Without the POLES in the corners (the ones with the screens on them), I could acutally imagine suites being built on those corner pillars, however it obviously wouldn't make any sense with a big ol' pole in your face.

Does anyone know if the POSTS (Not the giant concrete corners) with the screens on them provide structural support for the roof or something? Or are they disposable?
    if TAB had a nickel.....................