Page 312 of 355 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    The existing top rows could say goodbye to their view of the video boards.
    More videoboards on the back of the suspended seating?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    More videoboards on the back of the suspended seating?
    That's what Caesar's does.

Reminds me of the view I had last time I was at the SHAC.

The bottom of the girder is slightly above the top row. If majority of the suite could sit above the bottom of the girder with seating down a bit below the girder to allow their view to be decent, you might not obstruct it too much. Or just put videoboards on the back. I wonder if they're thinking they'd suspend it farther back from girder but that would require a heck of a lot more reinforcing as those are just somewhat standard metal joists out there. They would likely need to tie into the girders somehow or another.

I think it is bit of a pipe dream because that reinforcing existing steel parts type of work is not going to be overly cheap. Not to mention if the 4 main columns in the corner will require reinforcing for the added loads.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    The bottom of the girder is slightly above the top row. If majority of the suite could sit above the bottom of the girder with seating down a bit below the girder to allow their view to be decent, you might not obstruct it too much. Or just put videoboards on the back. I wonder if they're thinking they'd suspend it farther back from girder but that would require a heck of a lot more reinforcing as those are just somewhat standard metal joists out there. They would likely need to tie into the girders somehow or another.

I think it is bit of a pipe dream because that reinforcing existing steel parts type of work is not going to be overly cheap. Not to mention if the 4 main columns in the corner will require reinforcing for the added loads.
    How are we going to remove the corner supports to round the bowl out if we have to add more reinforcement to them?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It's hard to tell since our roof is slanted and their roof appears to be flat and the gondola is very close to the roof

From the Gondola, you can see 4 rows. Theirs is tall and it's 2 levels. We could probably pull off 1 level

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I want to know why no one on Bisonville every thought of hanging seats from the ceiling before now? How is there not a napkin schematic on how this can be technically achieved?

I want to know why no one on Bisonville every thought of hanging seats from the ceiling before now? How is there not a napkin schematic on how this can be technically achieved?
    Didn't the late, great Bisonator have something on this?

We had the ferris wheel idea but not hanging seats

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Because thats where Gabes Sky Bar goes.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Didn't the late, great Bisonator have something on this?
    Yes there was a cartoon he drew of people hanging in harnesses or seats watching the game.