Page 288 of 355 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Did you know about the the new IPF and the other projects that were just announced?
    why WASTE $37 million on an IPF when that $37 Million could go towards a $100 Million New Stadium Donation.... and 4 Sponsors at $25 Million for a $200 Million Dollar, 42,000 seat Semi-Enclosed on campus stadium that NDSU would own Solely and keep ALL the profits!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The comparison to Cameron is way overused by fan bases trying to explain away sup par capacity. Also, remember season tickets to Duke basketball are insanely expensive since they are so limited. Is that what you want at the FargoDome? Tickets so expensive that the average family and team maker give them up in favor of more corporate sponsors? Someday we will have to do something; whether that's a new building, outdoor stadium, or significant Dome expansion. My only point is before 35 million gets dropped on the Dome to expand restrooms, widen concourses along with adding a convention center that will further eat up parking, lets at least have a long term plan of what Bison football looks like.
    If you're thinking about it and several of us, if not all are, pretty sure the powers to be have thought about it and that there is some sort of plan. I'd guess that Taylor/Larson and Sobolik discuss it fairly often. NDSU home games and playoff games are a huge money maker for the dome/city. Problem is anything real official will get the anti NDSU crowd will attract a bigger following. Spending taxpayer $$ on NDSU centric projects will end up ending the dream before it starts possibly. If they get too free with their long-term plans which which would allow time to round up the troops for anyone against anything for NDSU to put negative spin on it and create a negative public view of that project which may then prevent it ever getting off the ground.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Proponents of a new stadium never seem to want to deal with reality. NDSU has some of the highest ticket prices and attendance in the FCS in one of the top 2 or 3 facilities. Last year most regular season games had hundreds of empty seats and a playoff game didn't sell out. Attendance across the nation is trending down. Yet people seem to think that spending $100+ million dollars on a new stadium the city and citizens of Fargo do not want and will not pay for is of critical importance. For the hopes of drawing low level P5 opponents to town once or twice a decade? And that's after spending tens of millions more to go FBS. And even if NDSU does build new, the Fargodome isn't going anywhere unless NDSU spends 2-4 times as much for another indoor stadium. How in the world would the numbers work out in NDSU's favor?

Personally, I certainly hope NDSU is smart enough not to be caught up in a pissing match based on theoretical realignments that many claimed would have already been set in motion by now. Building a new stadium could essentially destroy NDSU athletics for decades to come and it's not very difficult to see how.

Edit: To be clear, I think everybody would like something a bit larger. But it makes far more sense to make the best of what we have today than to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Last edited by bisonp; 06-20-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Proponents of a new stadium never seem to want to deal with reality. NDSU has some of the highest ticket prices and attendance in the FCS in one of the top 2 or 3 facilities. Last year most regular season games had hundreds of empty seats and a playoff game didn't sell out. Attendance across the nation is trending down. Yet people seem to think that spending $100+ million dollars on a new stadium the city and citizens of Fargo do not want and will not pay for is of critical importance. For the hopes of drawing low level P5 opponents to town once or twice a decade? And that's after spending tens of millions more to go FBS. And even if NDSU does build new, the Fargodome isn't going anywhere unless NDSU spends 2-4 times as much for another indoor stadium. How in the world would the numbers work out in NDSU's favor?

Personally, I certainly hope NDSU is smart enough not to be caught up in a pissing match based on theoretical realignments that many claimed would have already been set in motion by now. Building a new stadium could essentially destroy NDSU athletics for decades to come and it's not very difficult to see how.

Edit: To be clear, I think everybody would like something a bit larger. But it makes far more sense to make the best of what we have today than to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Open seats at the Fargodome is due in large part to the idea that you can't get tickets. It would help if people could stay out in the tailgate lots during the game. I have friends that won't even attempt to go to the game or tailgating because they "can't" get tickets. Some of this is a missed opportunity for NDSU, especially for the playoffs. They should be constantly trying to keep that demand up instead of resting on their laurels. We are a small slice of NDSU fans and the fact we know most of whats going on isn't commonplace, even with as big as NDSU football has gotten. They may have explained processes to people like us that know where to look, but how much does the casual fan visit www.gobison.com? Probably never. Cross promote. Cross promote. Cross promote. They should be explaining themselves any chance they get on the radio, TV, print, etc.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

You do not know that for sure. However you maybe more right than wrong. All talks about a new/remodeled/bigger/indoor/outdoor stadium would have most likely have been talked about. If us everyday rubes think of this stuff, one would have to assume the big dogs have discussed it as well. Here is to another successful NDSU football season coming up. Also for the improvement in Mens and Womens BB.
    Now back to your scheduled programming.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

THIS IS SO SIMPLE PEOPLE>

$200 Million on campus, NDSU OWNED STADIUM.

stop this $37 mil IPF, use it towards the $100 mil goal, get 4 companies at $25 mil each, (they each get a corner of stadium)

42,000 seats, Semi Enclosed up top (lets face it, the wind is what would suck... oh going FBS, there'd be ZERO games after November 24th.)

NDSU keeps every single penny, tickets, suites, advertising, parking. put it in same spot at IPF.

we are missing a GOLDEN opportunity to BETTER NDSU!! for the future.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks for the red chiclet Lakes. When you have anything to actually dispute what I said, other than claiming NDSU can raise $100 million with just four donations, let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    You do not know that for sure. However you maybe more right than wrong. All talks about a new/remodeled/bigger/indoor/outdoor stadium would have most likely have been talked about. If us everyday rubes think of this stuff, one would have to assume the big dogs have discussed it as well. Here is to another successful NDSU football season coming up. Also for the improvement in Mens and Womens BB.
    Now back to your scheduled programming.
    True, but I think it's a pretty safe bet. The city has no use for a larger stadium. And unlike the 80's I believe a supermajority is required by the commission and public vote for it to go through. I mean it's not like the Fargodome is out of date, it's still a great facility. That's a very difficult sell in any city.

I also believe it has been talked about, and is why the Fargdome is proceeding with further expansion and upgrades.

I would like a larger stadium as much as anybody. I'm just being realistic.

Thanks for the red chiclet Lakes. When you have anything to actually dispute what I said, other than claiming NDSU can raise $100 million with just four donations, let us know.

True, but I think it's a pretty safe bet. The city has no use for a larger stadium. And unlike the 80's I believe a supermajority is required by the commission and public vote for it to go through. I mean it's not like the Fargodome is out of date, it's still a great facility. That's a very difficult sell in any city.

I also believe it has been talked about, and is why the Fargdome is proceeding with further expansion and upgrades.

I would like a larger stadium as much as anybody. I'm just being realistic.
    62% of Fargo voted for the dome, so we had a super majority then but not sure about the commission. I don't think we need a new building right now anyways but the upgrades are certainly a must.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Open seats at the Fargodome is due in large part to the idea that you can't get tickets. It would help if people could stay out in the tailgate lots during the game. I have friends that won't even attempt to go to the game or tailgating because they "can't" get tickets. Some of this is a missed opportunity for NDSU, especially for the playoffs. They should be constantly trying to keep that demand up instead of resting on their laurels. We are a small slice of NDSU fans and the fact we know most of whats going on isn't commonplace, even with as big as NDSU football has gotten. They may have explained processes to people like us that know where to look, but how much does the casual fan visit www.gobison.com? Probably never. Cross promote. Cross promote. Cross promote. They should be explaining themselves any chance they get on the radio, TV, print, etc.
    Is this really still a thing? People thinking that they can’t get tickets to something? You can always get a ticket, you just have to be willing to pay.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I think we agree on some things.

I wouldn't use the playoff as an example. We sold out all the playoff games except for the first one vs a bad opponent where they majorly screwed up the timing of the release of the unclaimed student tickets and didn't communicate it. Student attendance is an issue at every school and we did a great job of addressing it.

But obviously without more seats, the only other option is to increase pricing.

If I had to guess, I would say our sweet spot is 20-25K. Some big games / opponents we could probably get closer to 30 but that's early in the year with huge student attendance. But with the new student seats we got, those will generate a ton of revenue.

It's the perfect number for us and we would have average attendance closer to the top of the G5 schools.

It will be much easier getting a plan in place to get closer to the 20-25 range than spend a billion dollars on a stadium that will never ever get approved and we can't afford.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com