Page 258 of 355 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Does this mean I have to take the chain off my wallet to watch monster jam?
    Nope they are not being turned on for Monster Jam, but for the concert the following weeks.

It doesn't bother me, since I was searched with the wand for Flogging Molly. Oh well, just a sign of the times.

Doesn't bother me either but could they have made them look any uglier and out of place? Wow

So the dome not updating suites, adding seats or bathrooms, but instead gonna electronically probe customers. Yep, these are great times. Football capacity seems destined to stay at 18, 980 or whatever for the next 20 or 30 years. Just Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So the dome not updating suites, adding seats or bathrooms, but instead gonna electronically probe customers. Yep, these are great times. Football capacity seems destined to stay at 18, 980 or whatever for the next 20 or 30 years. Just Fantastic!
    I'm with ya! The dome needs all of those things you listed and don't forget... beer sales! But instead we got god damn metal detectors like we're a bunch of criminals.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm with ya! The dome needs all of those things you listed and don't forget... beer sales! But instead we got god damn metal detectors like we're a bunch of criminals.
    Well, you know Bison tailgaters are the worst! The ratio of police and security to tailgaters has to be the highest in the nation.....likely higher than most prison yards. Seriously have any of the dumb asses who run the dome ever visited other FCS and FBS football games to see how few security personnel they have? No issues there or at the dome to warrant the current level of security at the dome. Just a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We didnt get metal detectors. The dome got metal detectors. There are far more other events at the dome than NDSU football games.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We didnt get metal detectors. The dome got metal detectors. There are far more other events at the dome than NDSU football games.
    This is it exactly. Some concerts require this before they will sign a contract.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    This is it exactly. Some concerts require this before they will sign a contract.
    yep, most promoters now days want top security, its not at all about trying to stifle FB fans

I'm guessing the insurance people like it also, or maybe the dome is self insured?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    yep, most promoters now days want top security, its not at all about trying to stifle FB fans

I'm guessing the insurance people like it also, or maybe the dome is self insured?
    Its all about liability.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

These are state of the art detectors. They are also capable of detecting streamers, so that's a plus.