Page 302 of 355 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Seriously, the iron is hot. Demolish the dome and start over. Have NDSU raise x-amount of dollars and have the city vote on chipping in for the rest. Make it the best 40,000 seat indoor stadium you can. Dig it deeper, wider, better. Make the locker rooms as massive as you can. Keep the lights, video boards, anything you can reuse. For 2 years, have home games played at US Bank Stadium or something. There's just no way to make the dome bigger/better that's functional.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

They were talking about this on the Insiders today. They were saying, and I agree, that the dome has a DII pressbox. That should be a priority for the best interest for media and coaches. Taking out the north pressbox will most definitely happen. The biggest question mark will be if they feel that adding an attached convention center is in their best interest. Might need other funds to do that as I dont see the dome blowing ita wntire 42 million dollar wad in one money shot.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

The east press box also uses the row below it, at least in section 2.
    Will have to look next time see if they use the entire row.

I'm sure getting a lot of "love" in this thread, LOL. As for Gully making an appearance, I would say one playoff game is a maybe and that would be the max. I hope to see everyone in Frisco though.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

It might be cheaper to leave the dome in place. You could build one hell of an indoor water park in there.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Seriously, the iron is hot. Demolish the dome and start over. Have NDSU raise x-amount of dollars and have the city vote on chipping in for the rest. Make it the best 40,000 seat indoor stadium you can. Dig it deeper, wider, better. Make the locker rooms as massive as you can. Keep the lights, video boards, anything you can reuse. For 2 years, have home games played at US Bank Stadium or something. There's just no way to make the dome bigger/better that's functional.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Seriously though, this.

If the city can make room in the budget or afford the tax breaks for the Killbourne/Burgum town downtown; they can actually do something to benefit the public.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dome has only been full one time all year. And you guys want to more than double the size? And believe voting taxpayers will help fund it?

Thankfully I think NDSU is smarter than that. They need premium seating, clubs and suites but the size is just fine unless they have Mountain West plans. Attendance is trending downward pretty much everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Dome has only been full one time all year. And you guys want to more than double the size? And believe voting taxpayers will help fund it?

Thankfully I think NDSU is smarter than that. They need premium seating, clubs and suites but the size is just fine unless they have Mountain West plans. Attendance is trending downward pretty much everywhere.
    This is also the thing that people forget about with the dome...its not just NDSU football games that sell this thing out. How many concerts are sold out here a year?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    This is also the thing that people forget about with the dome...its not just NDSU football games that sell this thing out. How many concerts are sold out here a year?
    I could be wrong, but I don't remember a sold out full dome concert this decade. Garth Brooks could have gone bigger, but even those shows were not full capacity, the south stands were brought in some.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't remember a sold out full dome concert this decade. Garth Brooks could have gone bigger, but even those shows were not full capacity, the south stands were brought in some.
    Well for your example, as I recall, Garth Brooks announces tour dates then adds shows based on tickets sales. If it keeps selling out they keep adding shows until the ticket sales slow. He had like what, three shows here last time?

Most recent concert, I know they added a few hundred tickets last min due to stage configuration for Ed Sheeran the other week. That was sold out.