Page 234 of 355 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Why do you think only regional and not national conferences need exhibit space. Note: the agency hosting does not make all that much $$$$ on attendee fees, the bulk of the $$$$ comes form vendor fees. The larger the vender area the more $$$$ the organization hosting the conference cane make. Are there more hotels DT then there are at the Dome? What the Dome needs is catering services and breakout space you get a completete facilty at a fraction of the building and maitaince cost of haveing 2 facitlities.
    What I would really like to see is a complex developed at the FGrounds or Horse Park where there is room to actually develop a premier center that host all sorts of events. Conferences, concerts, races (moto, car snow, horse dog whatever) etc. something that hass all the amenities.

An area and a buffer zone around it should be shared by Cass Fargo and West Fargo so the cost to develop, maintain and the tax revenue generated are shared between all three entitites. But that PD will never happen

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I think the Fargodome should use some surplus money for some new chairs.....
    Cue Shac jokes 1-2-3

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What I would really like to see is a complex developed at the FGrounds or Horse Park where there is room to actually develop a premier center that host all sorts of events. Conferences, concerts, races (moto, car snow, horse dog whatever) etc. something that hass all the amenities.

An area and a buffer zone around it should be shared by Cass Fargo and West Fargo so the cost to develop, maintain and the tax revenue generated are shared between all three entitites. But that PD will never happen
    I kind of like this idea....I wouldn't mind seeing something like that go up along with permanent horse racing with a new grand stand, that area stinks right now and it would take a lot to build it up....but I like it.

The Sioux Falls convention center is booked for a whopping 23 days in the next year. I'm not convinced Fargo needs a new convention center considering we can't find enough people to work at the restaurants that are already open.

The only public facility I would like to see in Fargo is big indoor water park. Outdoor pools that are only open 2 1/2 months a year don't seem all that useful.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I kind of like this idea....I wouldn't mind seeing something like that go up along with permanent horse racing with a new grand stand, that area stinks right now and it would take a lot to build it up....but I like it.
    This is a worse idea than the mall. No sense throwing good money after bad with horse racing.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    This is a worse idea than the mall. No sense throwing good money after bad with horse racing.
    I think you missed the point......having a super complex used for more than one purpose.

I think you missed the point......having a super complex used for more than one purpose.
    You mean like Veterans Stadium or Three Rivers or the Oakland Coliseum, except for events that no one except three guys in a Bismarck conference room responsible for managing access to a single government teet thought were a good idea?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The Sioux Falls convention center is booked for a whopping 23 days in the next year. I'm not convinced Fargo needs a new convention center considering we can't find enough people to work at the restaurants that are already open.

The only public facility I would like to see in Fargo is big indoor water park. Outdoor pools that are only open 2 1/2 months a year don't seem all that useful.
    I second the water park idea!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    You mean like Veterans Stadium or Three Rivers or the Oakland Coliseum, except for events that no one except three guys in a Bismarck conference room responsible for managing access to a single government teet thought were a good idea?
    Well, I was thinking more like the fairgrounds in Minot, but OK :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I second the water park idea!
    I thought WF was going to get a big diving and swimming center.....one of the high-end Olympic spped pools or something was donated ...... what happened to all of that?