Page 231 of 355 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I know the diagram didn't show it, but isn't there a plan to build the convention center on the West Side with the caveat of using the structure of the convention center to build a some kind of suites on the West side of the Dome at the very top?
    That idea didn't include any convention center space. Most importantly, it was only an idea.

533 In a row

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    To look at it from a different perspective, I just this AM received a email on a convention and in it they were emphasizing the things to do and the hotels within a 20 minute car ride of where the convention was being held. Heck in Fargometro you can get anywhere you want in 20 minutes from the dome area. Fargo could be like everywhere else with convention rooms or try and capture a niche and use what we have a lot of and that is space. Lots and lots of space around the dome. If you can cross sell the convention center with the dome area, that is something that most places don't have access to. Fargo is never going to be a destination convention draw like a Vegas, Orlando or Chicago so having it in a area with space can add something that is marketable. If they are coming for the hotel or the restaurants they already are not coming to Fargo.

If a conference or a hotel brags about what is "within a 20 minute drive," I assume that almost nothing is "within a 5 minute walk"
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    That idea didn't include any convention center space. Most importantly, it was only an idea.
    I could make some sketches on napkins if it would help.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I could make some sketches on napkins if it would help.
    Here's an idea I was kicking around:

Number 1. FARGODOME ............................ stays in the same place.

Number 2. Loaf's Tailgate .......................... stays in the same place.

Number 3. Convention Center ..........................anywhere else other than the near vicinity of idea Number 2.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The best idea but probably the least feasible would be connecting the convention center to the mall...this would revitalize the mall and that area behind the mall which looks dumpy. Doesn't help that the Savors building and the old Hooters spot looks like two buildings that have been condemned for years. Otherwise put the damn thing downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    The best idea but probably the least feasible would be connecting the convention center to the mall...this would revitalize the mall and that area behind the mall which looks dumpy. Doesn't help that the Savors building and the old Hooters spot looks like two buildings that have been condemned for years. Otherwise put the damn thing downtown.
    That area is a disgrace, need to bulldoze the old Menards and hooters, make a damn park if nothing else, highly visible from the Interstate and it's embarrassing
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Why would anyone care about the mall. Their managers are the ones who ran it down and it's clear they give less than 2 shots about community. You want the mall to thrive....add competition.

The convention center needs to go at the done where 1) it makes sense. 2) who earned the $$$to pay for it.

Malls are dying everywhere. It's been going on for quite some time now and it's accelerating.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 06-03-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Malls are dying everywhere. It's been going on for quite some time now and in accelerating.
    How many of them have a backed up sewer issue, leaky roofs, exuberant rent $12- $15k a month and are so uppity that taco John's is too low class to be a tenet?

Fact is this mall is extremely hard to work withe because they have all the leverage. To a t, all of the stores in it are secretly hoping another anchor store goob so their leases are broke.

Not too mention the disregard for the community and the safety of employees. Sherrif says no travel mall sends it's direct employees home, but fines the stores if they close or send their employees home.

That place is so mismanaged it's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Malls are dying everywhere. It's been going on for quite some time now and in accelerating.
    Yep. It's gotten so bad in the last 3 months that the outlet mall they were planning on 52nd Ave that looked like a sure thing was just put on hold. Nobody wants to take a risk.

If they can't figure out a way to do it on the south end of the dome, I like the idea of going downtown. But I don't want to see them squeeze it into the already solid areas that are too crammed and lack parking . I would rather see them put it west of downtown in some of those crappy areas. This would totally expand downtown and revitalize that area that is borderline industrial and ugly as heck yet is close to downtown

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com