Page 277 of 355 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    To play devils advocate. While a 19k seat stadium isn't ideal, check out the G5 conference attendance averages.

http://www.ncaa.org/championships/st...all-attendance

American - 28,669
    Mountain West - 24,963
    Conference USA - 19,248
    Sunbelt- 17,843
    MAC - 15,390

I can count 32 FBS teams that average under 20k and 12 teams that averaged between 20-25k . Quite a few more between 26-30

Were right at or close to the average of 3/5 of the G5 schools right now.

Would you trade our atmosphere for some mediocre G5 school just so we are larger?

I think a more realistic goal is to increase the capacity between 20-22. That's the competition. Well never be a power 5 school. Ever. And given the attendance trends nationally, I wouldn't be surprised if those numbers shrink more
    This is a false choice. you're alleging that if we really were to add more seats that they would not be filled, apparently ever- because you are suggesting that if we add seats, we will be a stale environment like the G5.

False choice- and a logical fallacy- try again
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

It still blows me away that the Georgiadome was demolished and it was built around the same time as the Fargodome.
    It's OK to not be OK.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It still blows me away that the Georgiadome was demolished and it was built around the same time as the Fargodome.
    Metrodome was built 10 years before the Fargodome, will the FD still be around in 8 years? I would say yes. I'd think that it will still be around in 15 years but who knows, a lot can change in 15 years.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Metrodome was built 10 years before the Fargodome, will the FD still be around in 8 years? I would say yes. I'd think that it will still be around in 15 years but who knows, a lot can change in 15 years.
    those states are much more progressive than ND, and lots of TAX income, oh and Pro teams

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    The Fargodome ia built out of brick and has a steel roof. Its lifespan was estimated to be over 100 years. The building itself is pristine other than some general wear and tear, lack of sky boxes/suites, and some new wifi.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    those states are much more progressive than ND, and lots of TAX income, oh and Pro teams
    Plus, they have a lot more people to draw those tax dollars from.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Yes. Pro teams that blackmail the state to continually build new stadiums

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Yes. Pro teams that blackmail the state to continually build new stadiums
    Hey now, don't blame the team. All they have to do is threaten to leave the state and they throw money at them to build a new stadium. Who wouldn't take advantage of that? Why pay for a stadium when someone else will?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Fargodome ia built out of brick and has a steel roof. Its lifespan was estimated to be over 100 years. The building itself is pristine other than some general wear and tear, lack of sky boxes/suites, and some new wifi.
    And lack of ability to upgrade infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Hey now, don't blame the team. All they have to do is threaten to leave the state and they throw money at them to build a new stadium. Who wouldn't take advantage of that? Why pay for a stadium when someone else will?
    I've never understood this, either. It is common sense. Unless every state in the union says no more of it, it is the market reality.