Page 303 of 355 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't remember a sold out full dome concert this decade. Garth Brooks could have gone bigger, but even those shows were not full capacity, the south stands were brought in some.
    Pretty sure the garth show I was at the south stands were not moved in at all. As in there were people all the way to the top on the south end generally speaking. I wouldn't say 100% packed like the 90s were/was with a lot of concerts. But everyone knows he's going to keep adding shows once they reach a certain capacity the previous night so they don't ever truly sell out. Would agree in general they're not true sellouts full capacities though, and that is a flaw in Garth's plan a bit, if he did one show and that was it he would get a full capacity sell out. Not many acts out there now that can do that anymore. Or the obscene prices they charge for tickets plus ticket fees I think turn off a lot of people.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Well for your example, as I recall, Garth Brooks announces tour dates then adds shows based on tickets sales. If it keeps selling out they keep adding shows until the ticket sales slow. He had like what, three shows here last time?

Most recent concert, I know they added a few hundred tickets last min due to stage configuration for Ed Sheeran the other week. That was sold out.
    Garth sold 74,000 tickets for 4 shows, 18,500 per show. Fargodome is typically 22-25K in full concert configuration, which for whatever reason Garth didn't do this last time. Record is George Straight at 27K.

I can't find the attendance for Ed Sheeran but looks like there was no seating in sections 22-31 so I would guess less than 20K.

In any case, I just don't think there's much demand for larger concerts in Fargo. Definitely not on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Pretty sure the garth show I was at the south stands were not moved in at all. As in there were people all the way to the top on the south end generally speaking. I wouldn't say 100% packed like the 90s were/was with a lot of concerts. But everyone knows he's going to keep adding shows once they reach a certain capacity the previous night so they don't ever truly sell out. Would agree in general they're not true sellouts full capacities though, and that is a flaw in Garth's plan a bit, if he did one show and that was it he would get a full capacity sell out. Not many acts out there now that can do that anymore. Or the obscene prices they charge for tickets plus ticket fees I think turn off a lot of people.
    The fact that Garth charged $63 for every seat regardless of location is a big reason IMO he sells so many tickets. That's half the price most Sheeran tickets sold at.

I usually try to buy tickets at the Fargodome ticket office. When buying 4 at a time I save a lot of money avoiding the online fees. Worth the hassle but not going to get the best seats that way.

Garth sold 74,000 tickets for 4 shows, 18,500 per show. Fargodome is typically 22-25K in full concert configuration, which for whatever reason Garth didn't do this last time. Record is George Straight at 27K.

I can't find the attendance for Ed Sheeran but looks like there was no seating in sections 22-31 so I would guess less than 20K.

In any case, I just don't think there's much demand for larger concerts in Fargo. Definitely not on a regular basis.
    Here is a great article from earlier this year about attendance and revenue from events: https://www.inforum.com/news/4394166...ce-income-2017

The fact that Garth charged $63 for every seat regardless of location is a big reason IMO he sells so many tickets. That's half the price most Sheeran tickets sold at.

I usually try to buy tickets at the Fargodome ticket office. When buying 4 at a time I save a lot of money avoiding the online fees. Worth the hassle but not going to get the best seats that way.
    Right he'd rather add more shows than "rip off" his fans has always been his MO. Like mentioned there are very few people/bands I'd pay over $100 face value for a ticket... but I've never been a big concert type guy anyway or small one for that matter!

I think he had ~20,000 for his first two shows then the last 2 were under that. If I recall correctly there were still quite a few tickets available for the 4th show.

With many big concerts, the tickets go scalpers who then resell them at higher prices. Meanwhile Ticketmaster makes money on the initial sale and resale.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...alpers-1148319
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    With many big concerts, the tickets go scalpers who then resell them at higher prices. Meanwhile Ticketmaster makes money on the initial sale and resale.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...alpers-1148319
    That's the reason Garth keeps adding shows until they don't sell out. If you meet demand there's no secondary market. Also, if you happen to get good floor seats they are e-tickets and I don't think you even receive them until the day before or day of the show if I remember right.

Judging from actual attendance at football games this year, I'm guessing scalpers are losing their shirts this season and tickets will be easier to buy in 2019.

That's the reason Garth keeps adding shows until they don't sell out. If you meet demand there's no secondary market. Also, if you happen to get good floor seats they are e-tickets and I don't think you even receive them until the day before or day of the show if I remember right.

Judging from actual attendance at football games this year, I'm guessing scalpers are losing their shirts this season and tickets will be easier to buy in 2019.
    I've never paid over face to get into a Bison game. Scalpers must take advantage of some pretty desperate/ignorant people.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I've never paid over face to get into a Bison game. Scalpers must take advantage of some pretty desperate/ignorant people.
    Just watch the Ticket Exchange on Facebook. You nailed it with desperate/ignorant.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Do not say things like this. My friends that come to games with me and buy my extra ticket will quit paying the high prices. lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.